Archibald retires, McKenzie released....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

South Pender
Legend

OV - 54:40 wrote:Ever heard of Rick Klassen, Nick Hebeler? ; how bout Brent Johnson or Ricky Foley ?- I wouldn't be so quick to write-off NI D-lineman possibly making an impact.

Do a good job scouting; then drafting, recruiting/signing free agents as well = mine both the import and NI talent pools, and end up with lots of real TC competition ... and you might find close to another Cam Wake or a Klassen or Brent Johnson.
Of course. Nothing I said represents "writing-off" NI D-linemen. You'll notice I mentioned Ted Laurent. Nonetheless, the pool of potential import D-linemen is probably 10 to 20 times that of NI guys, and the guys we need to replace (or at least force to compete) are themselves imports, so a rigorous search for any big, tough, fast, good import D-linemen may, with luck, produce some guys who won't upset the current ratio and could start for us in 2014. But why not tap into both pools. Searching hard for import guys doesn't rule out doing the same for NIs. But what is the pool of NI D-linemen at the moment? We might get Ted Laurent if we're very lucky, but beyond that, we're looking at the draft and very few, if any, quality D-linemen who IMO could start right away. On the other hand, we might find an import or two who have bounced around the NFL and could produce on Day 1.