Winnipeg gets its Grey Cup

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

http://www.cfl.ca/article/103rd-grey-cu ... f-winnipeg

Worst kept secret finally hit the streets. I think the stadium will look AWESOME on TV. Not sure how they are going to manage feeding all those extra seats as the usual seating configuration will be expanded.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

It is a no brainer to go to Winnipeg and it is looking that their team's new leadership might actually get them back to where they can be in the hunt to play in that game. Still lots of unknowns as that regime really tore that team apart despite them getting to BC Place for a berth in the GC game vs BC.

Would Hamilton be next?
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:It is a no brainer to go to Winnipeg and it is looking that their team's new leadership might actually get them back to where they can be in the hunt to play in that game. Still lots of unknowns as that regime really tore that team apart despite them getting to BC Place for a berth in the GC game vs BC.

Would Hamilton be next?
My guess would be Ottawa first, then Hamilton.
Lloyd
D
Team Captain

as a disclaimer this thread requires this classic graphic
I own The Grey Cup! .com
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:It is a no brainer to go to Winnipeg and it is looking that their team's new leadership might actually get them back to where they can be in the hunt to play in that game. Still lots of unknowns as that regime really tore that team apart despite them getting to BC Place for a berth in the GC game vs BC.

Would Hamilton be next?
You mean to have a regime tear a team apart in spite of making it to a Grey Cup game? :wink:

Just kidding, I knew you meant hosting the big game.... :cool:
Shi Zi Mi wrote: My guess would be Ottawa first, then Hamilton.
That makes sense and before you know it the Riders will have a new palace to play in soon too!

What does puzzle me is how the actual Grey Cup gameday will go. I took a tour of Investors Group Field on our Operation Orange trip last season. Getting the extra seating all in certainly looks/seems plausible. However, the lineups for food were LONG for that game. I think they'll have to do some tinkering in terms of concessions/bathrooms to take care of all the natural needs of a THIRSTY and HUNGRY Grey Cup crowd.

IMO, even watching from where the 'temporary' Grey Cup seating would be entertaining based on my memories of that game I saw there. Then again, maybe I was spoiled by the lopsided game I got to watch........
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Actually didn't the league already promise the Grey Cup for Ottawa in 2016 about 3 years ago. I thought it was stupid at the time because at that point they didn't even have an agreement on a new stadium yet and the team was strictly mythical.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Looks like this year's Grey Cup in Vancouver will be the last one in a while.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Sir Purrcival wrote:Actually didn't the league already promise the Grey Cup for Ottawa in 2016 about 3 years ago. I thought it was stupid at the time because at that point they didn't even have an agreement on a new stadium yet and the team was strictly mythical.
They conditionally granted it to Ottawa for 2014. The main contingency was that the everything was in place and the team playing by either 2011 or 2012 (can't remember which).
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Looks like this year's Grey Cup in Vancouver will be the last one in a while.
Lets just hope the Lions can keep that host city streak going......... :cr: :roar: