Did this Twitter account get hacked?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

I am normally very leery and suspicious of athletes who say, "my account got hacked" the moment they post a stupid Tweet for which they receive backlash. But this seems like a likely candidate.

Why else would a Twitter account set up to promote the CFL be taking swipes at the league?

Thoughts?

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

I follow that account. It's a satire account and it's kinda funny. I like it.
JohnHenry
Champion

David wrote:I am normally very leery and suspicious of athletes who say, "my account got hacked" the moment they post a stupid Tweet for which they receive backlash. But this seems like a likely candidate.

Why else would a Twitter account set up to promote the CFL be taking swipes at the league?

Thoughts?

It think that's an attempt at humour by CFL History, perhaps to create some controversy and awareness of the topic. So I believe it's a legitimate twit.

It was reported that it's virtually impossible to hack somebody's Twitter account and it was highly unlikely Glenn was victimized...especially since only a week later he asked for his release from the team, then went public with his trade request.

I guess if Glenn lowered his No. 1 expectations and agreed to be a backup in B.C., then he might be a good pickup...as insurance with the GC in Vancouver.
David
Team Captain

Oh, okay, I only started following it a few weeks ago. I hadn't noticed any satirical tweets before (it's actually kind of dry). So naturally, when I read these, it seemed very out-of-character (like a college prank).

Roar, You Lions, Roar
David
Team Captain

There's great potential with this Twitter account, "CFL History" but unfortunately I never found it. In fact, I just hit "Unfollow."

I was hoping to learn more about our league but instead got a series of knee-slappers such as "The defence does not actually have to line up 1 yard off the ball, it's just that Oline smell so bad, no 1 wants to get close" and "In order to get around strict salary cap rules, mascots are hired as coaches. Naturally Quick Six is a RB coach." :dizzy:

If you're going to deviate from historical facts about the league, you'd better be funny - or at least more witty than silly.

Roar, You Lions, Roar