Bodog 2014 GC Odds

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

B.C. Lions 15/4
Calgary Stampeders 4/1
Saskatchewan Roughriders 4/1
Hamilton Tiger-Cats 7/1
Toronto Argonauts 15/2
Montreal Alouettes 8/1
Edmonton Eskimos 9/1
Winnipeg Blue Bombers 12/1
Ottawa RedBlacks 18/1

The bottom end seems alright, but how can I become a bookie taking the 15/4 odds for the Lions winning this? Out of all of this, I only think that the Lions odds are out of place, everything else seems reasonable. I suspect that the recent host a GC, win a GC is at play here though.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Big Time
Champion

Even as a Lions fan, these odds seem way off with reality. Lions have lost significant pieces on offense and defense, and have unknown quantities in place to replace them. Their offensive and defensive lines look weaker than last year, and even special teams with the kicking situation is pretty suspect. They also have a new OC and new DC who are both unproven. None of this smells like a championship season to me.

Overall, I would put the Lions solidly in the middle tier with Toronto and Montreal.

I also think the Eskimos should be closer to the Bombers in terms of odds.
JohnHenry
Champion

The Lions odds could only reflect the team hosting the Grey Cup, with the past 3 GC hosts winning the championship.

The Rouge et Noir at 18 to 1 might be the best bet. They have Burris at QB, who took a ramshackle bunch in Hamilton to the Cup last year. :juggle:
Last edited by JohnHenry on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
South Pender
Legend

Those odds make no sense. Putting the Lions at the top of the list as favorites to return to the GC--at least at this point of the off-season, and our so-far pretty dismal record of championship-making acquisitions--is nuts.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I don't think either Ottawa or Winnipeg should be at the bottom. In fact, I think I would put the lions there.

I think, for BC sports teams in general, this year will be the opposite of 94.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Rammer
Team Captain

JohnHenry wrote:The Lions odds could only reflect the team hosting the Grey Cup, with the past 3 GC hosts winning the championship.

The Rouge et Noir at 18 to 1 might be the best bet. They have Burris at QB, who took a ramshackle bunch in Hamilton to the Cup last year. :juggle:
Difference is that Kent Austin was the HC for Burris. He seems to get the best out of his QB de jour.
Entertainment value = an all time low