Cost of Season Tickets...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

jcalhoun
Starter

Hey all,

I'm clearing my filing cabinet, and I found a newspaper clipping that had an ad for 2007 season tickets. Occasionally I've wondered how costs have gone up over a given period, I thought it might be interesting to at least keep a record of what the Leos are charging for seats.

So...

As per the Dec 9th, 2006 Vancouver Sun:
Screen Shot 2014-03-02 at 10.08.15 PM.png
That's a pretty big jump over seven years.

Cheers,

James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spud387
Champion

Yup, and that is why I honestly may not renew this year. The jump in cost has made season tickets a no brainer to a hard financial decision.

I am in what was considered the gold section. My costs have more than doubled since then. When I was paying for 2 tickets, it is now equivalent to me buying 4 tickets.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

In 1968 My seat cost me $5.00 on the 40 yard line lower level
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Add the fact that everyone now has large screen HD TV's and all the games are being televised to the mix. Parking ocst issues and inability to easily have TG's near the stadium without hassle has pushed many fans back to their coaches.

Unfortunate as so many levels.
Rammer
Team Captain

Blue In BC wrote:Add the fact that everyone now has large screen HD TV's and all the games are being televised to the mix. Parking ocst issues and inability to easily have TG's near the stadium without hassle has pushed many fans back to their coaches.

Unfortunate as so many levels.
I can only hope the Lions don't follow suit anytime soon. :)

I agree, HD and being able to watch games on my time have become the norm.
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:In 1968 My seat cost me $5.00 on the 40 yard line lower level
I think mine seat on the 32-yard-line was $3.50 in the same era. I gave it up when the price went up to $5.50 in 1974. Now I consider my end-zone seat a bargain at $31.80, including taxes and fees.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

IIRC my seats on the 35 yard line, 3 rows up at Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton in 1972 were $6 per seat.

Gas was 25 cents per gallon but jumped to 50 cents during the gas shortage days of that decade.

By comparison lift tickets at Tod Mountain in the mid 1970s was also $6 and today the mountain, now called Sun Peaks. charges $79 plus tax for a lift ticket.

So everything has gone up in price but usually with better amenities such as better replay screens, seats, food etc. for stadiums. Ski areas have high speed lifts, better grooming etc.
Spud387
Champion

While it is interesting hearing about the prices back in the60's & 70's those prices are more a different reason. In 8yrs, inflation cannot account for the prices increases we have seen. They are quite significant, more so in some sections than others. They see the BC Lions as a higher end product and are pricing it as such, but I think they are getting to aggressive.
Rammer
Team Captain

Spud387 wrote:While it is interesting hearing about the prices back in the60's & 70's those prices are more a different reason. In 8yrs, inflation cannot account for the prices increases we have seen. They are quite significant, more so in some sections than others. They see the BC Lions as a higher end product and are pricing it as such, but I think they are getting to aggressive.

For kicks and giggles you may want to browse through this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26091&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... on+tickets in order to understand how this board feels about the ticket increases the past decade.
Entertainment value = an all time low