Riders Sheets is now a Raider.....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=443709

Darn, I like the Raiders. I'll have trouble cheering for Sheets but then again, I hope he does well, as I don't want the Riders to get him back.......
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Snuck a peek at Riderfans just to see what they may think......

14 page Nic Moore thread that spends a lot of time arguing about the still unresolved charges outside the nightclub.... :bang:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=443709

Darn, I like the Raiders. I'll have trouble cheering for Sheets but then again, I hope he does well, as I don't want the Riders to get him back.......
he aint as good as he thinks he is.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

At his age, this will be probably Sheet's last kick at the NFL
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

notahomer wrote:Snuck a peek at Riderfans just to see what they may think......

14 page Nic Moore thread that spends a lot of time arguing about the still unresolved charges outside the nightclub.... :bang:
And barely a mention on this forum about Moore going to Winnipeg. Are we that deep in NI receivers here?
South Pender
Legend

With Dressler and Sheets now gone (until at least after Labour Day), the Rider O has taken quite a hit. Remember how things went for them last season when Sheets was out for a few games. So we're not the only ones losing starters, and I would see the loss of Moore as less damaging then the loss of Dressler. I think we're reasonably deep in receivers, and someone will step up and make up the difference. We've got Arceneaux (a potentially elite receiver) and Courtney Taylor (also very good), along with Ernest Jackson, a big guy with 4.4 speed, who could be coming into a breakout year, and Korey Williams, another guy with reportedly blinding speed, as quality imports and Gore, Haidara, and Iannuzzi as potentially effective NIs. My views on the loss of Moore are probably in the minority on this forum, as I never saw him as a really great receiver despite his good year last season. Too many dropped balls, I guess.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

South Pender wrote:With Dressler and Sheets now gone (until at least after Labour Day), the Rider O has taken quite a hit.
Hard to say what might happen. Still lots of NFL FAs out there and their draft. They could get buried farther down the depth chart before they take their TC physicals. Even if they make it right to the final cuts before being released I could see them not returning until next year. For both this is probably their last kick at the NFL can so they may reluctant to come back to the CFL for half a season instead opting to roll the dice to see if they can catch on somewhere else this year or during the offseason. To come back to the CFL this season would effectively shut the door permanently on whatever NFL desires they still have as they'd become CFL property until after the 2015 season.......unless the option year clause comes back into play in the CBA negotiations.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I'm not too concern about the loss of Nick Moore. Import receivers are a dime a dozen. They can be fairly easy replaced.
JohnHenry
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:I'm not too concern about the loss of Nick Moore. Import receivers are a dime a dozen. They can be fairly easy replaced.
Signed:
Cory Rodgers
Ryan Grice-Mullen
Terrence Scott
Steven Black
Kierrie Johnson
Dobson Collins
J. Myers
T. J. Acree
C. Coleman
M. Bumpus
R. Skillern...

:wink:
Hambone
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:I'm not too concern about the loss of Nick Moore. Import receivers are a dime a dozen. They can be fairly easy replaced.
Signed:
Cory Rodgers
Ryan Grice-Mullen
Terrence Scott
Steven Black
Kierrie Johnson
Dobson Collins
J. Myers
T. J. Acree
C. Coleman
M. Bumpus
R. Skillern...

:wink:
You saying we didn't get our dime's worth? :wink:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I believe Johnson and Dobson (sounds like a law firm) are still in the league. Johnson scored the winning touchdown in the Grey Cup. I think we got our dime's worth. :wink:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:With Dressler and Sheets now gone (until at least after Labour Day), the Rider O has taken quite a hit. Remember how things went for them last season when Sheets was out for a few games. So we're not the only ones losing starters, and I would see the loss of Moore as less damaging then the loss of Dressler. I think we're reasonably deep in receivers, and someone will step up and make up the difference. We've got Arceneaux (a potentially elite receiver) and Courtney Taylor (also very good), along with Ernest Jackson, a big guy with 4.4 speed, who could be coming into a breakout year, and Korey Williams, another guy with reportedly blinding speed, as quality imports and Gore, Haidara, and Iannuzzi as potentially effective NIs. My views on the loss of Moore are probably in the minority on this forum, as I never saw him as a really great receiver despite his good year last season. Too many dropped balls, I guess.

I agree Dressler and Sheets out of their offence is HUGE and how they come out of this depends on Durant. He is a sort of surly looking dude who doesn't strike me as having eyes for just any REC as Simon found out for most of the year until told pre GC by DD to be ready as he was going to get one and he did.

Moore wants more dough and many will spend their careers going the FA route and maxing their money versus some who will keep re-signing to stay put with the team and coaches they are comfortable with.

I 'm not a fan of Durant nor Sheets (other than I see their great skills) as that is one team who I find so arrogant as to be annoying. Not coming out for the DIV win trophy.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:I agree Dressler and Sheets out of their offence is HUGE and how they come out of this depends on Durant. He is a sort of surly looking dude who doesn't strike me as having eyes for just any REC as Simon found out for most of the year until told pre GC by DD to be ready as he was going to get one and he did.
It will be very much a missing dynamic between the two. These are two playmakers and game breakers. Sheets being the ground threat he was opened up things for the Rider receiving corps. Dressler is the type of receiver defences have to prepare for bigtime, not unlike Simon in his prime. His presence opened up things for the rest of their receivers and Sheets too. Without Sheets their passing game becomes easier to defend and in turn without Dressler the rest of their receiving group becomes easier to defend. Simon is not going to make like the Renaissance Man and fill the void left by Dressler. Similarly I don't think Getzlaf and Smith will be as effective if defences can turn their focus on them instead of Dressler.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:I agree Dressler and Sheets out of their offence is HUGE and how they come out of this depends on Durant. He is a sort of surly looking dude who doesn't strike me as having eyes for just any REC as Simon found out for most of the year until told pre GC by DD to be ready as he was going to get one and he did.
It will be very much a missing dynamic between the two. These are two playmakers and game breakers. Sheets being the ground threat he was opened up things for the Rider receiving corps. Dressler is the type of receiver defences have to prepare for bigtime, not unlike Simon in his prime. His presence opened up things for the rest of their receivers and Sheets too. Without Sheets their passing game becomes easier to defend and in turn without Dressler the rest of their receiving group becomes easier to defend. Simon is not going to make like the Renaissance Man and fill the void left by Dressler. Similarly I don't think Getzlaf and Smith will be as effective if defences can turn their focus on them instead of Dressler.
I think you are bang on, they will be missing TWO HUGE pieces of their offence. Sheets in particular. I mean I guess the CFL game is one that is close but the Riders seemed dominant until he was put on the MASH unit and then he returned just in time to rejuvenate what was a struggling football team, large part due to a struggling offence, IMO......
South Pender
Legend

A little more on Kory Sheets. This is an interview on an Oakland radio station:

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/audi ... 90e76e5089