TiCats to decide whether to open stadium early

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

The Tiger-Cats are comping a souvenir to every fan at tomorrow's game. No doubt a peace offering after how they've been jerked around with all the delays in opening THF this year. It looked like perhaps some sort of beverage cup or water bottle (placed in holders) but they later clarified that it's a mini-football. I would have preferred the former.

A little treat for every seat. #TimHortonsField #Ticats #CFL pic.twitter.com/MmEZVGdkEq
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:The Tiger-Cats are comping a souvenir to every fan at tomorrow's game. No doubt a peace offering after how they've been jerked around with all the delays in opening THF this year. It looked like perhaps some sort of beverage cup or water bottle (placed in holders) but they later clarified that it's a mini-football. I would have preferred the former.

A little treat for every seat. #TimHortonsField #Ticats #CFL pic.twitter.com/MmEZVGdkEq
Maybe its a giant edible TIMBIT!!! Yah, I would have preferred a beverage cup. If the Ticats struggle do some of those footballs get thrown on the field? Hope not......
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Maybe its a giant edible TIMBIT!!! Yah, I would have preferred a beverage cup. If the Ticats struggle do some of those footballs get thrown on the field? Hope not......
Hmmm, on second thought those mini-footballs are fairly soft and not likely to do as much damage as a more solid water bottle, so maybe there's a method to the madness...
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Bosco
Team Captain

Number 1 rule at stadium giveaways (* not that we would know what that's like at B.C Place) :dizzy: Never give something away that you can later toss onto the field (like after Hamilton's 1st TD).
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Bosco wrote:Number 1 rule at stadium giveaways (* not that we would know what that's like at B.C Place) :dizzy: Never give something away that you can later toss onto the field (like after Hamilton's 1st TD).
I wasn't surprised to see the giveaway get thrown on the field, just surprised it was because Hamilton scored a TD :dizzy: