Rogers NHL contract & the CFL on TSN....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:As a guy who can't stand hockey but loves college football, this is a fantastic development.
Well, good news for you, then... two games this Thursday (one each on TSN2 & 3), and then on Saturday there's a doubleheader on TSN2 and a tripleheader on TSN3.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:As a guy who can't stand hockey but loves college football, this is a fantastic development.
Well, good news for you, then... two games this Thursday (one each on TSN2 & 3), and then on Saturday there's a doubleheader on TSN2 and a tripleheader on TSN3.
Yes, I saw that, although I do get those games on my sat service anyway, it does give me more options of sending my cable feed to one TV and my sat feed to another during overlapping games.

More pressing issue though is that despite a call to Shaw, the additional channels have yet to appear on my grid. Another nasty development is that spat has arisen between Dish Network (my sat provider) and the Fox Sports 1 channel vis a vis carriage of CFB games including tomorrow's Washington St v Rutgers at CenturyLink tilt. Not happy.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
sj-roc wrote:
Yes, I saw that, although I do get those games on my sat service anyway, it does give me more options of sending my cable feed to one TV and my sat feed to another during overlapping games.

More pressing issue though is that despite a call to Shaw, the additional channels have yet to appear on my grid. Another nasty development is that spat has arisen between Dish Network (my sat provider) and the Fox Sports 1 channel vis a vis carriage of CFB games including tomorrow's Washington St v Rutgers at CenturyLink tilt. Not happy.
Hmmm... that's odd, I'm with Shaw, too and I've been getting them fine since Monday morning. :juggle:

Oh, wait, you know what... I'm going on memory with this from what I read ~1wk ago... but I think the five feeds have so far only been rolled out in larger cities... smaller markets, like on the island, are supposed to come online eventually at some later time, hopefully not much longer.

In Vancouver on Shaw, TSN2 has already been axed from its previous channel 147 and is now in the 180s with the rest of them. Not sure if they've axed TSN2 for you like this but it would be kinda lame if so.

Seven games in one week is a lot of viewing lol. Even if one could PVR them all, would there still be time to watch them all before the next week of games are up on deck?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote: Hmmm... that's odd, I'm with Shaw, too and I've been getting them fine since Monday morning. :juggle:

Oh, wait, you know what... I'm going on memory with this from what I read ~1wk ago... but I think the five feeds have so far only been rolled out in larger cities... smaller markets, like on the island, are supposed to come online eventually at some later time, hopefully not much longer.

In Vancouver on Shaw, TSN2 has already been axed from its previous channel 147 and is now in the 180s with the rest of them. Not sure if they've axed TSN2 for you like this but it would be kinda lame if so.

Seven games in one week is a lot of viewing lol. Even if one could PVR them all, would there still be time to watch them all before the next week of games are up on deck?
Well, I called Shaw and they were well aware of my location (Duncan zzzz) and the tech thought the channels should be coming up here but as of this am, no dice. On the bright side the Fox/Dish Network dispute has been settled so the Wash St/Rutgers game will be available tonight. If anyone's on the Island and wants to come over and watch football, you're invited!