Riders vs. Lions Game Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Finally it's here, the game fans have been waiting for.

Geroy's 1st game against his former teammates

Are the Lions contenders or are they pretenders ?

Both teams missing some key players

Thomas DeMarco making his 1st pro start. Will they year of rookie quarterbacks continue ?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Looking forward to seeing Thomas DeMarco play extended minutes.

Storylines ...

Geroy

Sheets out

Lulay out

Riders with their backs to the wall

Middlin' year for the Lions but we are moving back into contention

Cortez, Hall vs Stubler, Chapdelaine

Durant ... Phillips

40,000 screaming fans
squishy35
Legend

I'm looking forward to seeing Ernest Jackson back on the field. A very fast, and hopefully,very underrated threat in today's game.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

squishy35 wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing Ernest Jackson back on the field. A very fast, and hopefully,very underrated threat in today's game.
This is E. Jacksons opportunity to fight his way back on to the active roster. If he has an impressive game then the Lions will make sure that Arceneaux is not rushed back too soon.
David
Team Captain

I was expecting big things from Ernest last time he took Manny's wideout spot, but unfortunately I thought he was a complete non-factor, which is a shame because I really like the guy. Maybe with DeMarco starting it will be a good thing as the two may have developed chemistry from, say, playing scout team last year.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Hope we get to see some of the Operation Orangers in action today....(Pauser must be having a blast, he hasn't done an update since the plane landed....).

It just seems to be awfully late to be playing our first game against the Riders. There are a lot of things that cause a schedule to be tweaked. Next years will be a dandy I'm sure. Anyway, I sure hope we are not waiting until almost October to play the Riders next season......

Lots of players on both sides getting a chance to fill in. Will both QB's struggle, neither or just one? Looking forward to it regardless......
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Hope we get to see some of the Operation Orangers in action today....(Pauser must be having a blast, he hasn't done an update since the plane landed....).
Seeing a handful of tweets with hashtag #operationorange (not all Lions-related, some are for Baltimore Orioles and others).

Someone tweeted this set of pics on bclions.com:

http://www.bclions.com/photo_gallery/gallery/id/10681
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Looks like good times
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Not a good kickoff. Good position for the Riders
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Need to put it in the end zone. No field goal please
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Damn, Lions can't capitalize in the red zone....AGAIN :bang: :bang:
David
Team Captain

First and goal from the 3? Pound the ball on the ground!! What is it with out reluctance to run the ball?? :bang:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Blitz
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Need to put it in the end zone. No field goal please

No luck...Lions tired a rub route with Moore and E. Jackson coming underneath. Looked like interference to me. DeMarco looked good on the drive, getting the ball out of his hands quickly on most plays and threw a bullet to Taylor on the sprint out. No lob passes so far...except the one that DeMarco was hit on. :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Blitz
Team Captain

Our Leos outsmarted themselves on first and goal from the 3 yard line. They put E. Jackson in motion and expected the outside linebacker to blitz and he didn't.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Blitz
Team Captain

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr......so close deep to Ernest Jackson......