Riders vs. Lions Game Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

What absolute crap....chinzy call on Wilson..who was being held. We had the Riders shut down twice on the drive...and we had won the game on downs...I expected a penalty of some sort against us.....

What poise out of the pocket by DeMarco....and bullet throws..
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

No turnovers please
Blitz
Team Captain

Here is is....42 yard attempt by McCallum...fingers crossed
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Spud387
Champion

Wow, what a finish. Almost lost because of a ridiculous rouging the passer.

Good job Demarco
Blitz
Team Captain

What a comeback by our Leos and DeMarco was so cool in that situation...impressive....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

WE WIN , WE WIN !!!!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Impressive debut by the little General out there in a very hostile environment. :thup:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

It wasn't pretty but a W.

Make the 3 easy INTs and this game might have been very different.

Not sure of the call on Wilson.... Looked dodgy much like the call against the Stamps to cause them to lose.

Demarco was fine when it counted but maybe a second half sit out and watch a few plays might have fired him up sooner.

Marsh picked a bad time to not make a decent tackle as he usually does.

Good knockdowns by the front guys today.

Not sure why the Lions can't use Harris better. Cornish would look bad in a BC uniform if he got Harris touches.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Toppy Vann wrote:Not sure of the call on Wilson.... Looked dodgy much like the call against the Stamps to cause them to lose.
I think the problem the officials had with the Wilson penalty was that the contact was high up around the head.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
agent2
All Star

Hambone wrote:
David wrote:Brutal non-review on the Garrett touchdown. He did not survive contact. I thought every "touchdown" was reviewed?

DH :cool:
Not really sure how that works on a coffin corner type play. I think it was probably good but sure would've liked a review or at least a definitive camera angle.
Interestingly, the Washington Redskins of that other league, appeared to score a touchdown much like the Garrett td and it was disallowed.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

agent2 wrote:
Hambone wrote:
David wrote:Brutal non-review on the Garrett touchdown. He did not survive contact. I thought every "touchdown" was reviewed?

DH :cool:
Not really sure how that works on a coffin corner type play. I think it was probably good but sure would've liked a review or at least a definitive camera angle.
Interestingly, the Washington Redskins of that other league, appeared to score a touchdown much like the Garrett td and it was disallowed.
The Garrett TD play was explained by the TSN crew: The ball was caught on the field of play and as soon as the ball broke the plain of the goal line the play is over so in this case there is no "surviving contact with the ground". :rules:
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:Wow, what a finish. Almost lost because of a ridiculous rouging the passer.
Good job Demarco
AND, the Rider slot was 2 yards offside on that same play!
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Lion Guy wrote:
Spud387 wrote:Wow, what a finish. Almost lost because of a ridiculous rouging the passer.
Good job Demarco
AND, the Rider slot was 2 yards offside on that same play!
Which is notable because on most plays they're only one yard offside.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Belize City Lion wrote:is it just me or is a SK receiver offside on nearly every play?

It's been like that since the days of Ray Elgaard
True, but it makes the league look amateur. The Commissioner should be on top of the officials about this. Reflects poorly.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
Coast Mountain Lion wrote:TWO uprights in one game?
LIke the golfer who always hits the same tree on hole number x.
I'm very familiar with this.