BC vs. Edmonton Game Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

I guess if I had one play I would like to have changed from last week it would be the double reverse which Chap ran three separate times at home week ago Thursday, each and every time to the short side of the field without adjustment at the half.

My thinking is that this is much too complex a play in terms of time to development, to have a chance to the short side but I still believe that if it were schemed to the wide side of the field, it would stand a much greater possibility of success.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:I guess if I had one play I would like to have changed from last week it would be the double reverse which Chap ran three separate times at home week ago Thursday, each and every time to the short side of the field without adjustment at the half.

My thinking is that this is much too complex a play in terms of time to development, to have a chance to the short side but I still believe that if it were schemed to the wide side of the field, it would stand a much greater possibility of success.
Totally concur.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

OMG it's pouring in Commonwealth. Hope they have a running game. They're going to need it.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Looks like this game will fought on the ground tonight...god I hate to see any game decided on turnovers

Hope this isn't one of those games! :cr:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sack on the opening play :thup:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Possible lightning suspension?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

When do you ever see a game call due to weather in the game of hockey?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Korey Williams hasn't learned to run north-south.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:When do you ever see a game call due to weather in the game of hockey?
When teams can't make it to the rink due to snow :wink:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:When do you ever see a game call due to weather in the game of hockey?
It happens sometimes with vicious snowstorms. With football it usually takes lightning to call it off.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What's with Dean Valli ? He comes in for one play and immediately gets flagged for illegal procedure :bang:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Never stood a chance on that 3rd down. Weather was likely a factor there.
almo89
Legend

This one has the making of a very ugly game
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:This one has the making of a very ugly game
If I'm a betting man I'm taking the under.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Wait until the "Winter Classic" next January in Vancouver. Unless they decide to play it in BC Place with the roof closed, in which case what's the point. Have the people who planned that event BEEN in Vancouver in January? :dizzy: