Krazy George????

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
almo89 wrote:The Lions should hire Krazy George just for the Western Final
He's basically retired these days and restricts his act to the smaller venues, minor league ballparks. The last time he was at BCP was early in Ackles' return, and I hate to say it but I don't think it was a very successful outing for him; I never got the sense that the crowd was really with him that night. His heyday is so far in the past now that I would say much of the Lions' regular fanbase these days has little to no firsthand recognition of him.
And I don't know, but I wonder what the Lions record was in games that he was hired for. I know that the Lions did some lose notable games in which he was there. Specifically, the 1984 and 1987 WDF's which the Lions easily lost.

In the CBC TV show What's New, there was an newscast and recap about him shortly after the 1984 WDF in which he had the 59,000+ crowd to make as much noise whenever Winnipeg was on offence, and then as soon as BC had the ball the crowd would immediately go silent.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Crazy P adds nothing IMHO. Ballistic Bob was more interesting by just being in the crowds a few years back.
agent2
All Star

His stadium entrances were legendary, I remember he once came in on the roof of a garbage truck pounding his drum, the crowd went wild. His act must be very strenuous though, the way he would yell at the crowd and run around, hard on a guy in retirement. However, it would be very cool if they could bring him in for a game, sit him in a private box and run film footage of '80s KG on the big screen.
Rammer
Team Captain

agent2 wrote:His stadium entrances were legendary, I remember he once came in on the roof of a garbage truck pounding his drum, the crowd went wild. His act must be very strenuous though, the way he would yell at the crowd and run around, hard on a guy in retirement. However, it would be very cool if they could bring him in for a game, sit him in a private box and run film footage of '80s KG on the big screen.
Thinking about crazy stunts, anyone recall Stray Cat hang gliding inside the Dome? He had a few good concepts that season and then poof he was gone.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
agent2 wrote:His stadium entrances were legendary, I remember he once came in on the roof of a garbage truck pounding his drum, the crowd went wild. His act must be very strenuous though, the way he would yell at the crowd and run around, hard on a guy in retirement. However, it would be very cool if they could bring him in for a game, sit him in a private box and run film footage of '80s KG on the big screen.
Thinking about crazy stunts, anyone recall Stray Cat hang gliding inside the Dome? He had a few good concepts that season and then poof he was gone.
I remember that.