2012 WDF Poll #1 - Lulay and the 2 remaining games

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

How much should Travis Lulay play before the 2012 West Division Final?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:16 am

Start both remaining regular season games
14%
Start one of the two remaining regular season games
73%
Do not play him in either regular season game and wait until the WDF
14%

Total votes: 22
Robbie
Hall of Famer

When a team finishes first in the division with a few games to spare - like the Lions of 2007, 2006, and 2004 and unlike the Lions of 2011, 2005, and 1999, the team is presented with some options and decisions before the all important division final. I'll create three polls related to the West Division Final.

One important decision is with regards to Travis Lulay and the remaining two regular season games.

Mike Reilly did a decent job as the starter. Should Travis Lulay play one or both games as a good warmup for the WDF at the expense of re-injuring his shoulder or getting new injuries? Or should he rest entirely until the WDF?

The Lions definitely don't need a repeat of the 2003 EDSF. In his seasons as a Lion, Dave Dickenson's best statistically was in 2003 when he played all 18 games and was the runner-up for Most Outstanding Player, but he had an injury in practice that prevented him from playing that playoff game and was trounced by the Argonauts.
Last edited by Robbie on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
ziggy
Legend

If healthy, I'd let him play for parts of both games.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Start Reilly this week, maybe give Travis some reps late in the game. Then switch it around for the final game.
Rammer
Team Captain

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:Start Reilly this week, maybe give Travis some reps late in the game. Then switch it around for the final game.
Exactly, no need to entertain the Stamps fans or give them an opportunity to seek and destroy Lulay, maybe sit him the entire game. Lions down playing the Stamps game will allow them to prepare better if the opportunity for a rematch occurs this season.
Entertainment value = an all time low
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

There is some argument to be made for keeping the O under raps so there is little film for the opposition to study. What I would like to see the Lions do is spend the next month working on a few brand new plays that no opponents have on film and thus breaks tendencies. I guess i don't want to actually "see" new plays until the WDF.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I would kind of like to see Travis get some playing time in both games but essentially just enough to keep him in game form. Give Mike significant playing time against the Stamps, let Travis play more against the Riders. He will have 2 weeks after that game to rest up before the Western Final any way.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:I would kind of like to see Travis get some playing time in both games but essentially just enough to keep him in game form. Give Mike significant playing time against the Stamps, let Travis play more against the Riders. He will have 2 weeks after that game to rest up before the Western Final any way.
Thats my vote too. Play him enough to keep the rust from forming but make Reilly do the bulk of the work.

BTW, apparently (according to LU's blog) Travis's consecutive TD games streak is over because technically he played in Fridays game and did not score a passing TD. :dizzy: Oh well, he can get started on another, soon I'm sure....
agent2
All Star

ziggy wrote:If healthy, I'd let him play for parts of both games.
:good: I agree with this. Not an option on the poll.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Not only would I sit Travis this week, in light of the likely weather and field conditions, along with the fact the backups are performing well, it's the last game outdoors, and it's against our likely WDF opponents, I'd sit everyone who has been injured or out, with the exception of Mitchell. I'd even consider sitting Angus who has played hurt the past few weeks.

Rest them this week, then use the Riders game with every starter to get some solid meaningful indoor live fire (and a win) going into the bye.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sit the upcoming game but paly 3/4 of the final game
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

any thoughts to getting the third guy any playing time?
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
MikeAK
All Star

I voted not to play him because I'd like to be very cautious. The only way he should see any snaps is if he is 100% good to go. The fact he missed last game and his TD streak ended tells me he has more than a minor injury. Not worth the risk if you ask me.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Sit him this week, start him next week but limit his playing time to no more than 3 quarters.
Big Time
Champion

Without knowing how serious his injury is, this is is a bit difficult. I'd like to see him get some reps as a backup in the last game of the season but not if it's going to do more damage. Unfortunately, if he doesn't play at all until the playoffs, you have to assume his injury is far worse than they are letting on. Remember in 2003 when Dave Dickenson got hurt? They said up until the playoffs he was a "maybe" and it turned out he had a significant knee injury. In other words, they knew that he had no chance of playing but said that he was a maybe anyway.
Rammer
Team Captain

Big Time wrote:Without knowing how serious his injury is, this is is a bit difficult. I'd like to see him get some reps as a backup in the last game of the season but not if it's going to do more damage. Unfortunately, if he doesn't play at all until the playoffs, you have to assume his injury is far worse than they are letting on. Remember in 2003 when Dave Dickenson got hurt? They said up until the playoffs he was a "maybe" and it turned out he had a significant knee injury. In other words, they knew that he had no chance of playing but said that he was a maybe anyway.
I would expect him to sit this game out again, as he hasn't practiced for two days now.
Entertainment value = an all time low