Ultimate Lions fan VIP road trip to Mosiac

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

We all expect detailed reports from those of you that are going along on this trip. Take lots of pictures! But remember, loose lips sink ships!

I've noticed the Lions all dress in business attire when they fly outta town. Does the dress code apply to you fans as well? I think you guys should dress to the nines --we want to see twit-pics of Arland Bruce being impressed with your fashion sense!

Oh, and pray your seat isn't between Kabongo and Archibald.

Cheers,

James
I'm NOT going to dress to the nines. I'm going to dress to sit in the stands in Regina in late Sept. So I just bought an orange windbreaker (first place I looked, Eddie Bauer Store, had one left in my size for 30% off--Burnt Orange :yahoo: ). I also have a BC Lions hoodie and some Lions buttons on the way from Sports 'n Stuff. Long underwear is next, probably settle for black. :roar:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

princetonfan on 2012/08/21 wrote:Just spoke with the Lions office and all sold out. I hope they do this again :pray:
You're in luck.

According to an email I got this morning the Lions are repeating this ultimate Lions fan VIP road trip from last year, and are even scaling things up to offer a choice among three road games. There's an obvious typo in the departure date for game C, clearly should be Fri Oct 18th.

Cost is $999 plus applicable taxes, up $200 from last year's package. Looking back at SammyGreene's comment in the original post of this thread, I think he was too clever by half. Maybe we oughtn't give them any further ideas! lol
Operation Orange Road Trip with the BC Lions
Join your BC Lions on the road in 2013! UNIGLOBE Vision Travel, our official travel provider has put together away game packages which include one game ticket:

- return airfare on the BC Lions Team Charter plane with inflight meal
- one night accomodation at the BC Lions Hotel
- pregame meal with the team
- a personalized team jersey
- game ticket!

Prices do not include GST are are based on single occupancy. Double Occupancy rates are an option available subject to availability.

Game A: Sunday, Sept 22nd in Regina at Mosaic Stadium. Departs Vancouver Saturday Sept 21st am and returns late evening Sunday Sept 22nd.

Game B: Friday, Sept 27th at Winnipeg's new Investors Group Field. Departs Vancouver Thursday, Sept 26th.

Game C: Saturday, Oct 19th in Regina - a Western Battle as the Playoffs Approach. Departs Vancouver on Friday, October 19th and returns on Saturday, October 19th right after the game

Last year's trip to Regina sold out in no time! This offer is sold on first come, first serve basis - if you would like to go make sure you sign up as soon as possible!

Hurry, spaces are limited! IMPORTANT: Please fill out and submit ONE FORM PER PERSON!
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Zarquon
Champion

I'll be in Regina for Grey Cup and I wanted to see the new field in Winnipeg so count me in for that one.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

going to the first ssk game :) cant wait! :)
2012 Season Ticket Holder
korey&dante4ever
Champion

We booked the winnipeg game. Tiebreaker was the new stadium. Cant wait
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good deal. Wonder if a helmet is included in the Regina trip to face those hostile fans.
DanoT
Hall of Famer

I phoned the Lions office and was told this year the VIP trip is for season ticket holders only. As a resident of Victoria, season tickets are problematic... so I am a 3 pack holder who is pissed. I asked them to phone me back when they have determined at what date they will sell seats to the fans in the rest of BC.

Kinda makes the "Pride of All BC" a joke.
Spud387
Champion

DanoT wrote:I phoned the Lions office and was told this year the VIP trip is for season ticket holders only. As a resident of Victoria, season tickets are problematic... so I am a 3 pack holder who is pissed. I asked them to phone me back when they have determined at what date they will sell seats to the fans in the rest of BC.

Sorry, but welcome to any sports team?? Almost ALL sports teams offer packages, deals, etc to Season Ticket holders first.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I made a comment last week on another thread about finding a copy of the Wpg Free Press on the CanadaLine. Two good sections of the paper outlined aspects of the first pre-season game there.

Imagine my surprise when i got home that evening (Thursday) there was the offer for a Lions road trip. Seeing the new stadium is what did it for me. I signed up immediately. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new stadium and the whole trip looks like a blast.
DanoT
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:
DanoT wrote:I phoned the Lions office and was told this year the VIP trip is for season ticket holders only. As a resident of Victoria, season tickets are problematic... so I am a 3 pack holder who is pissed. I asked them to phone me back when they have determined at what date they will sell seats to the fans in the rest of BC.

Sorry, but welcome to any sports team?? Almost ALL sports teams offer packages, deals, etc to Season Ticket holders first.
The Lions expect to sell out all the seats to ST holders so there really won't be any available to out of town non ST holders. That's ok as next year if they want me to buy another 3 pak they will need to also offer me a chance to go on the VIP trip or I will not bother going to any games and just save $ and watch on HD TV like most fans. :wag:
Zarquon
Champion

DanoT wrote:
Spud387 wrote:

The Lions expect to sell out all the seats to ST holders so there really won't be any available to out of town non ST holders. That's ok as next year if they want me to buy another 3 pak they will need to also offer me a chance to go on the VIP trip or I will not bother going to any games and just save $ and watch on HD TV like most fans. :wag:
OK I understand your plight and sympathise. However last year they opened it up to all and I was not able to go because many non-season ticket holders were able to sign up before me. (It sold out crazy fast last year.) Shouldn't those who put more money into the team have first crack? They are limiting it to you only being able to buy tickets based on your number of seats. As a compromise I think the Lions should open this up to others after say a week. It sucks that seasons are not as convenient because of your location but 2 years ago I had a chance to take a job in Victoria but one of the reasons I stayed in Vancouver is the Lions and wanting season tickets. Not financially prudent but things like this make it worth it.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Zarquon wrote: ... (It sold out crazy fast last year.) ....

No kidding. Last year I thought I was still going to be an earlybirder but it was filled FAST. It filled so fast that they (the Lions) promised me I'd get first crack this year. They followed through and I got to choose last Thursday. They realize this was a good idea because the spots are fllling up so fast....

DanoT, I hope you get an early-bird crack at next years trip. Getting to go once and seeing the new Bomber stadium will be fine for me. If I get to go again down the road, okay but I realize others want a shot too. Imagine a trip to see the new Redblacks or the new Ticat digs. Based on how these trips are selling you'd have to think those options are coming......
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Judging from the response, I think the Lions need to do more of these trips.
Spud387
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:Judging from the response, I think the Lions need to do more of these trips.
Yep. They are leveraging the thing that makes the CFL so awesome, accessibility.
DanoT
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
Zarquon wrote: ... (It sold out crazy fast last year.) ....

No kidding. Last year I thought I was still going to be an earlybirder but it was filled FAST. It filled so fast that they (the Lions) promised me I'd get first crack this year. They followed through and I got to choose last Thursday. They realize this was a good idea because the spots are fllling up so fast....

DanoT, I hope you get an early-bird crack at next years trip. Getting to go once and seeing the new Bomber stadium will be fine for me. If I get to go again down the road, okay but I realize others want a shot too. Imagine a trip to see the new Redblacks or the new Ticat digs. Based on how these trips are selling you'd have to think those options are coming......
Since i did get to go last year, you are right that it is good to have others also get the great fan experience that travelling with the team provides. However what the Lions don't seem to get is that for those living outside the lower mainline season tickets are not feasible, but one time big events like the VIP trip are doable. The Lions need to be more inclusive on what they are offering their fans if they want to live up to their slogan, "The Pride of All B.C>"