Questions heading into Training Camp

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions need to sign Westerman and Fabien first
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good luck to them. Buono not likely to be giving untested rookies starters money even if they are high draft picks
David
Team Captain

I naively assumed that when Westerman and Fabien flew into town for the day and stood beside Wally at the press conference with their names on the back of their jerseys, that they had already signed or at least it was fait-accomplis.

Not so fast.

This is why hyperbole in the media (about guys potentially starting) after the draft can work against you at contract time.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

JohnHenry wrote:One of the few changes from B.C.Fan's starting lineup would be the acquisition of a better receiver than K. Johnson (and not N. Moore)...or perhaps starting Foster and Jackson over Johnson and Gore, both of whom dropped too many passes last year.
No doubt Johnson and Nick Moore will be challenged by the rookies at camp but I think the Lions are high on Johnson and he is coming to camp bigger and stronger this year, and with bigger goals, according to a nice new feature article posted on the Lions' website.
“This year, I’m coming in a little bit heavier, a bit stronger, more relaxed. I’m hoping that since I’m up here two weeks before training camp, just being up here early will make a difference and I’ll get comfortable with everything as fast as possible.”

Johnson said his time with the Lions has taught him mental toughness, how to be more physical and how the business side of the game works, and he’s hoping build off that as much as he can this season.

“My personal goal is to be one of the top receivers on the team this year. Although it’s only my second year, I think that coming into this season, I’ll be a bigger attribute to the team than I was last year.”
Time flies when you're having fun
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I'm pretty sure Johnson is the fastest guy on the team, so imo it will take someone with = speed or better to take his spot.