NEW JERSEYS UNVEILED...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cromartie
Hall of Famer

squishy35 wrote:
Ravi wrote:
squishy35 wrote:The eskimos jersey is up now..... It looks pretty nice......
Edmonton's home ones are very nice but their away uniform is not my cup of tea.

Agreed.... I didn't see the away ones....... bleah!
In a way, I like Edmonton's away mix of colors a bit better than Winnipeg, where it's only on the sleeves.

The different helmets for home/away idea has to go, however. Dumb idea. pick a helmet and stick with it.
squishy35
Legend

The riderfans.com website has leaked rider jerseys...... lots of triangles and wedges...... Bleah again...
MikeAK
All Star

Well, I dislike the Leo's jersey's once again. I just don't like orange being the dominate base for the color. I would have preferred something along the lines of Hamilton's where black was the base then they could have had orange trim or pinstripes around the lettering and numbers. A cpl members have already suggested something like Hamilton's but replace the gold with orange, that would have been a better start and so much more appealing to me so I agree with you. I also agree with those here who mentioned those ugly freaking sponsorship logos that almost ruin whatever color/design they would have come out with. CFL, please stop that! You can have sponsorship badges on a jersey with out them right your face and ruining the jersey.

My main gripe is that I want to be able to wear my lion's jersey whenever I feel like it and not feel so flashy. I have many jersey's from different sporting leagues that pull this off quite well. Even the Lion's have had these jersey designs in the past. As it stands right now, the Lion's jersey is just too "bright" for me and not something I would want to wear on non-game days. Something "meaner" would have been nicer for a pro football jersey, imo.

I guess we can only hope for change when Reebok's deal runs out and Nike or somebody else takes over. I think I read that Reebok was done after this or 2013 season and then Nike was taking over jersey production... Unless things have changed?
squishy35
Legend

squishy35 wrote:The riderfans.com website has leaked rider jerseys...... lots of triangles and wedges...... Bleah again...

Rider's jerseys are up now...... wedges, and piping galore.....
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

CFL site appears to have mixed up the text lines for a couple of eastern teams.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The changes aren't noticeable to the naked eye, which is fine by me. Dennis Skulsky said at the unveiling that survey after survey conducted over the years shows that the orange Lions jerseys are instantly identifiable and that fans want orange to remain the dominant colour. Orange and black would both be acceptable to me but I don't like change. Once the team decided to go back to orange as their promary colour, I wanted them to stick to it. I'm glad they have. :thup:
squishy35
Legend

:beauty:
B.C.FAN wrote:The changes aren't noticeable to the naked eye, which is fine by me. Dennis Skulsky said at the unveiling that survey after survey conducted over the years shows that the orange Lions jerseys are instantly identifiable and that fans want orange to remain the dominant colour. Orange and black would both be acceptable to me but I don't like change. Once the team decided to go back to orange as their promary colour, I wanted them to stick to it. I'm glad they have. :thup:

I totally agree!!! :beauty:
MikeAK
All Star

I'd like to know where and to who these survey's were given because everyone at my local watering hole would welcome black back with open arms. Too each their own but there are many of us out there who don't like orange being the base.
woody
Champion

I dont like them its just an orange jersey.Its going to look pretty boring to the average fan who was thinking of buying one without the numbers,might as well keep the old one.I thought for sure the number was going to be moved up to the shoulder and we would get some kind of stripes on the arms.Is there a special third jersey in the works?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

How much they paid to come up with that ?
squishy35
Legend

Calgary's is up now too.....
cromartie
Hall of Famer

squishy35 wrote:Image
I didn't know they had done Ottawa jerseys already. When does the Calgary one get released? :roar:
Qman
Champion

The reason the get the new jersey is they fit better than the 2007 version. frankly the old ones were way to long with the tail and to big (even size M)

I like the current colors.

League wide:
I like the Toronto and hamilton retro-esk looks.

Saskatchewan - little to arena league
Winnipeg look like clowns!

Edmonton - road jersey ... all the horror of them running over us as a youth have been erased in one photo ... they are the worst ever .... totally destroyed their brand.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

MikeAK wrote:I guess we can only hope for change when Reebok's deal runs out and Nike or somebody else takes over. I think I read that Reebok was done after this or 2013 season and then Nike was taking over jersey production... Unless things have changed?
Heard that as well Mike and this re-design was Reebok's final impression before their contract is up.

The biggest change to me looks to be the thicker orange trim around the collar of the road jersey.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

BC :thup: Not much change.

Calgary ... Home :thup: Away :thdn:

Eskimos ... Home :thup: Away :thdn:

Saskabush ... Home :thup: Away :thdn:

Hamilton ... Home :thup: Away :thdn:

Montreal ... Home :thdn: Away have not seen it

Toronto ... Home :thup: Away :thup:

Winnipeg ... Home :thup: Away :thup:

Best ... Lions Home, TiCats Home, Argonauts Away,