Bombers re-Sign Pierce

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.cfl.ca/article/armed-forces- ... -qb-pierce
Armed forces: Bombers re-sign QB Pierce
February 02, 2012 0 Share4
THE CANADIAN PRESS
Details of Pierce's agreement weren't available but he was scheduled to become a free agent Feb. 16. Pierce is entering his eight CFL season and third with Winnipeg.

The 30-year-old Pierce registered career highs in 2011 in starts (16), completions (261), attempts (411), yards passing (3,348) and yards rushing (324) in leading Winnipeg to top spot in the East Division standings.

The Bombers advanced to the Grey Cup game but dropped a 34-23 decision to the B.C. Lions.

"We are thrilled that we were able to get a deal done with Buck who is a tremendous competitor on the field and a great ambassador for this organization in the community,'' Mack said in a statement.
Way to go, Buck. :thup:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

That is good news. I hope it worked out to Buck's satisfaction.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

There you go, two days and two QB's locked up. Problem addressed.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

A healthy Buck Pierce is a good QB in this league, may health be with him. As said in the article, Buck Pierce is a good ambassador for the CFL, and as strong a QB as the Bombers have had in the past decade.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Rammer wrote:A healthy Buck Pierce is a good QB in this league, may health be with him. As said in the article, Buck Pierce is a good ambassador for the CFL, and as strong a QB as the Bombers have had in the past decade.
Meh. I sure am glad he's not here anymore. Dunk and dunk.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
joe kapp22
Legend

Good for Buck, I love his toughness and hope he has managed to put the injury problems in the rear view mirror.

CFL is such a Qb driven league, Wpg has a good one in Buck and he can still improve.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:A healthy Buck Pierce is a good QB in this league, may health be with him. As said in the article, Buck Pierce is a good ambassador for the CFL, and as strong a QB as the Bombers have had in the past decade.
so, you are saying that Buck was never healthy last season, cause his stat percentages and rating is the worse of the starters, including lemon. Even Brink was slightly better. If WPG signs Brink, they would do well to trade Buck for improvement needed elsewhere and the capital to spend on doing so.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Glad to see the GM finally came to his senses.
Anglophone
All Star

Does anyone know monetary details of this transaction? I'm very curious after all the rejected offers what he ended up signing for.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Anglophone wrote:Does anyone know monetary details of this transaction? I'm very curious after all the rejected offers what he ended up signing for.
Have only heard it was a 3 year deal and both sides are happy.
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
so, you are saying that Buck was never healthy last season, cause his stat percentages and rating is the worse of the starters, including lemon. Even Brink was slightly better. If WPG signs Brink, they would do well to trade Buck for improvement needed elsewhere and the capital to spend on doing so.
Team stats don't always reflect the individual play, unless he participates in his own blocking, stats aren't reflective of his worth. Afterall the Bombers did make it to the GC final, a tangible stat with him at the helm. :wink:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Anglophone
All Star

JohnHenry wrote:The Bombers first offer to Buck in 2010 had a base salary of $90k. He apparently signed for $100k with incentives which saw his salary approaching $200k last season. It was reported the Bombers withdrew their recent offer of "under $150k" base salary. Buck wanted closer to $200k with the chance to earn $300k with incentives. (Buck had a base salary of US$300k his final season in B.C.) Unless his agent spills the beans, we can only surmise his base salary is in the $130-$140k range...much less than S. Jyles reported salary.

I guess the Bombers strategy worked as they got Buck signed and probably saved $20k. :2cents:
But was the ~$20k worth the antagonism?

Jyles should be the one making the least in this league, for sure.