Locker Room Sale 2011

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

smphantom
Legend

Spud387 wrote:Did anyone notice that all of the BC Lions Champions hats at the locker room sale were defective? The Lions logo was crooked on all of them.
Did not notice. Glad I didn't stick around and purchased the one I had in my hand!!
Stay thirsty my friends.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:Did anyone notice that all of the BC Lions Champions hats at the locker room sale were defective? The Lions logo was crooked on all of them.
They had a T-shirt with the older Lion head logo (open mouth, showing teeth). I was going to buy one but it looked defective too. But I don't think it was. I think it was just the style of the shirt. Small patches of the logo were missing and/or parts looked faded. Either this was a batch that got screwed up OR its a style some people like (like buying $200 jeans that have rips/tears). :dizzy:

Not for me. I stuck with a Champions T and an Orange T with the Lion posing on top of a football.....
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

It wasn't a sale. It was clearance grey cup stuff and regular price everything else. Such a waste of time.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Spud387
Champion

About the hats. The BC Lions logo has the "BC" italicized which makes it appear slanted. Whatever Chinese workshop made them accidentally made the left straight-edge of the "B" vertical throwing off the whole logo.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:It wasn't a sale. It was clearance grey cup stuff and regular price everything else. Such a waste of time.
I concur. It's a clearance sale trying to rid of stuff they can't sell during the regular season. If you're looking for XL,XXL then this sale is for you.
Nard1
prospect

David wrote:
Nard1 wrote:Helmets were $300. Does anyone know why they didnt have any orange jerseys for sale?
Per my post above, they gave them all away to the players as a keepsake.

DH :cool:

Ahh okay. I just figured they had more than one jersey made for the year
BC LIONS GREY CUP CHAMPIONS ~ 1964. 1985 . 1994. 2000 . 2006 . 2011 ~
Nard1
prospect

Actually something else im wondering do they sell every jersey of each player on the team or only a select few each year?
I got there late so I didn't know what jerseys had already been sold
BC LIONS GREY CUP CHAMPIONS ~ 1964. 1985 . 1994. 2000 . 2006 . 2011 ~
Reidler800
prospect

I was third in line and got a practice ball, Tim Cronk's helmet and a few shirts. Didn't want a jersey. What pissed me off the most was that Angus Reid's helmet was on top of the bin and the two people in front of me said I could grab it (my last name's Reid), anyway just before the doors opened Dennis Skulsky grabbed it and took it for "charity" or at least that's what he said. What a joke. I waited 3 hours in line for a chance to get it.

I also wanted a street sign but there was basically none. What gives? there were a ton of them at the 2006 sale.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Im hearing locker room sale this Saturday Dec.01/12 but nothing official yet. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Upper Bowl
Starter

Sorry to hear that Reidler.......that's extremely bad timing on Skulsy's part.

What time did you get there to be third in line?
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Upper Bowl wrote:Sorry to hear that Reidler.......that's extremely bad timing on Skulsy's part.

What time did you get there to be third in line?
Would have to have been early. IIRC, I got there about 7 AM and I was 20ish in line. For years they have a 'season ticket holders' time (8 AM) and a general public time (10 AM). in reality anybody could show up. That has changed.... They actually had me submit my invite letter last year. So, I guess they maybe enforcing the 'season ticket holder' time.

The sale can be hit or miss, IMO. Some years you get some stuff, some years not so much. I don't bother to buy stuff at the stadium anymore. Just wait and get it for less at the lockerroom sale. It is frustrating to see them 'clearing out' stuff that you paid a lot more for at the Dome. Last year was different too because the Lions had just won the Grey Cup. So, you were able to get photos with the trophy.....
Spud387
Champion

Ya, I don;t expect the locker room sale to be anywhere as busy this year as last year. last year we were Grey Cup champs AND we hosted the Grey Cup. I wonder if it'll be back at the practice facility again.
Big Time
Champion

I used to look forward to the sale every year. The savings used to be outstanding and I would do much of my christmas shopping on that day. However, the last few years it has been a real diminishing return. The merchandise selection has been much more limited, the prices not nearly as good, and at the sale they had at Tinseltown a few years ago nearly all the merchandise was defective in some way. For example, they were selling a Geroy Simon jersey with the number 82 on it! There were numerous other flubs that were being sold as well.

I didn't go to the sale last year as I didn't feel it was worth my time. I truthfully would like to buy more Lions merchandise however the price of CFL merch at the Lions games is way over priced IMO. They also don't do a good job of advertising that if you show them your season ticket stub, they give you 15% off the merchandise at the stadium. I had to email our account rep to find that out. I compare this to the Canucks of which I'm also a season ticket holder and the Canucks each year send you a merchandise card worth 20% off all merch. The prices are comparatively cheaper too.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Spud387 wrote:Ya, I don;t expect the locker room sale to be anywhere as busy this year as last year. last year we were Grey Cup champs AND we hosted the Grey Cup. I wonder if it'll be back at the practice facility again.
Unofficialy BC Place. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Big Time wrote: I didn't go to the sale last year as I didn't feel it was worth my time. I truthfully would like to buy more Lions merchandise however the price of CFL merch at the Lions games is way over priced IMO. They also don't do a good job of advertising that if you show them your season ticket stub, they give you 15% off the merchandise at the stadium. The prices are comparatively cheaper too.
I've noticed in the last four years or so, the prices on both the primary and secondary markets have increased significantly, to the point where some items approach NFL levels.