Hefney's a moron

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Dieter wrote:I'd love to hear Hefney try and explain that statement now. Dumb dumb dumb.

Suber throwing Bruce's pose in his face I don't mind one bit as a fan (coaches might disagree) but you better be sure you bring your game if you are going to play that game with a player with Bruce's experience because that psyche game game is just as likely to blow up in your own face as it is to throw Bruce off.

Funny, Bruce was dropping passes and running some lazy routes in the first half but looked like an all star in the 2nd.

Yup, it blew up all over the Bombers :bang:
It is a dangerous game to mock the opposition during the game. All it does is make a top athlete more focused on payback. Bruce did not react to Suber at the time. But he noticed, as he said later.

Dieter, I can't help but think that the Bomber D has a bit too much talk, that they are a bit too high on themselves. Talented? Yes. Very much so. But talk seems to me like celebrating before you even win the game. Just not good.

Nevertheless, it was more the offence that let the Bombers down. Until the last 3 minutes or so, apparently when they let Buck call his own plays.
Dieter
Rookie

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Dieter wrote:I'd love to hear Hefney try and explain that statement now. Dumb dumb dumb.

Suber throwing Bruce's pose in his face I don't mind one bit as a fan (coaches might disagree) but you better be sure you bring your game if you are going to play that game with a player with Bruce's experience because that psyche game game is just as likely to blow up in your own face as it is to throw Bruce off.

Funny, Bruce was dropping passes and running some lazy routes in the first half but looked like an all star in the 2nd.

Yup, it blew up all over the Bombers :bang:
It is a dangerous game to mock the opposition during the game. All it does is make a top athlete more focused on payback. Bruce did not react to Suber at the time. But he noticed, as he said later.

Dieter, I can't help but think that the Bomber D has a bit too much talk, that they are a bit too high on themselves. Talented? Yes. Very much so. But talk seems to me like celebrating before you even win the game. Just not good.

Nevertheless, it was more the offence that let the Bombers down. Until the last 3 minutes or so, apparently when they let Buck call his own plays.
The Bombers D has been far too talkative for about 10 years now IMO. Through three different coaches, thats the part I cant figure out. I can see a coach allowing that style of play, but 3 coaches?
LFITQ
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:Did a bit of lurking at Ourbombers a couple of days ago and there were more than a few posters their that had some things to say about

Willis
Hefney
Suber

In particular. Most didn't really appear to endorse their antics and in fact were put out by them . Lots were calling for the Bombers to lose Willis and one even called Suber the competition for Dwight Anderson.

It says something when even your own fans don't have much tolerance for your antics.
I find for the most part, the Bombers and the Riders are at polar opposites. Bomber fans to me, have always been fairly level headed, whereas the team has been the one to push the buttons. Over on the riders, I think it is the opposite - the team is fairly even keeled but the fans are the ones that go over the top.

of course I am painting with a rather wide brush as there are always exceptions to the rule.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The Winnipeg defence trash talking reminds me of the days of Tyrone Jones, James West.
pennw
Legend

Funny thing about Suber doing that pose , is that he did it wrong - there was no ball in his hand . So Bruce got to show him the proper way to do it - in the endzone with ball in hand. Wonder if Suber appreciated the correction ?
Ravi
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:The Winnipeg defence trash talking reminds me of the days of Tyrone Jones, James West.
Those guys could at least back up the talking that they did and they were entertaining. I remember Jones and West playing a large role in filling SkyDome for the 1991 East Final. The Argos whipped their butts but those guys definitely put people in the seats with all of the yapping that they did that week.
FiveforFighting
prospect

Swaggerville......nah!!!!! more like" DAGGERVILLE" to their hearts......