Trip to Grey Cup

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

Well it hasn't exactly been the quiet drive down it usually is to Vancouver.

It all started with a tweet where a reporter from the local tv station CKPG asked for someone in Prince George who was headed to Grey Cup. I responded and she asked to do story on it. So at 7:30 in the morning yesterday her and her cameraman showed up at our doorstep to interview us as we packed up and headed out the door.

Here's the link to the story. And yes that is Matt Pearce of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the video as well. He is a teacher in PG, like his dad was, and he also coaches minor football. I should also mention that the reporter Aileen Machall is a former Calgary Stampeder Outrider cheerleader. She knew way more about CFL than the camera man and schooled him a bit about the Vanier.

http://ckpg.com/sports/16940-grey-cup-a ... video.html

On the trip down I got a message that CBC radio west was wanting to talk to me about the trip down. So at 5:45 as we are pulling in to Surrey, I was interviewed about the Grey Cup and why I enjoyed it. It isn't up on podcast yet on their website, but when it is I will try and post the link too. Then u can all critique me.

Till then I got some Grey Cup festivities to check out before the Vanier Cup starts tonight.

If you see a guy wearing a BC Lions black 3 rd jersey with the #54 and "Ackles" on the back, come and say "Hi".
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Whisperin' Jimmy
Starter

Outstanding! Lovely family, lovely home, great Lions memorabilia and now a trip to Grey Cup. What more could you ask for? I will keep an eye out for that Ackles jersey this weekend.
"Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings." -George F. Will