Lions 40 - Eskimos 23 Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

joe kapp22
Legend

Tough game coming up though, Wpg can get after the Qb with base pressure, and Mills is hot as an oven right now.

Esks never led in this one, thought they played a solid fundamental game but lacked the talent to keep up with our Wr corps and Andrew Harris.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Only weakness on this team is at free safety. I wonder if Jamal Lee can be converted to safety? He has the size and speed. That was a huge play that Lee made on the onside kick as Esks were really trying to mount a comeback at that point in the game.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Lulay ... story.html
“Comes with the game,” said tackle Khalif Mitchell. “But the rotation really helped. It was able to be dominant and getting more rest really helped. As soon as I wasn’t effective I was able to go out. It was a great rotation.”
Blitz
Team Captain

Still don't understand why we aren''t giving more reps to Muamba at asfety.

There were so many plays that set the EDF in the game against Edmtonton, some that haven't been mentioned. One that has been mentioned is the two early hits delivered on Edmonton receivers by Korey Banks and Ryan Phillips. Paris Jackson's block, that carried on past the whistle and had to be broken up by the officials showed our intensity as did Jarious Jackson getting into it after his hird down run off tackle.

We had both Simon and Lambala's block on Harris' touchdown run and Aralnd Bruce's devastating block on Lulay's touchdown run of course. Olafioye dominated at his position with some pancake blocks at right tackle.

While I mentioned the two key plays in the game...the Reddick forced fumble on Ricky Ray and the incredible touchdown run by Lulay, there were also two incredible catches in the game..by Aralnd Bruce early and Simon's one handed touchdown grab.

Another incredible play and a key play in the game was Banks interception and run return. Banks made a tremendous play on the ball being thrown to Fred Stamps, had anticipated it and broke really hard, and then wove his way through defenders for an impressive return.

Lots of memories from this game that will last.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
ziggy
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:I found it interesting that Edmonton chose to scrimmage on their 35 yard line rather than have the Lions kickoff after their first 2 field goals.
There were quit a few unique calls made by the Eskimo staff. Gamble on third down in the middle of the field, then kick a field goal when you're in the red zone, down a ton and need a touchdown. Onside kick with a fair bit of time remaining, then later in the game kicking deep when you really need an onside kick . Changing QB's on the goal line only to fumble. Glad it was their coaching staff that had the jitters.
Buonosjanet69
Starter

you guys covered everything

- Lions hit hard, punctuated by Bruce's block. The sacks, the DB hits, the blocks, BC laid down some serious licks.

- We caught everything, they caught everything but we got pressure on their QB and got sacks and interceptions, fumble, while EE took some penalties.

- Love the anthem, that set the tone, imo.

Winnipeg has to be pooping themselves, esp after all those hits, plus they haven't been to the dome for awhile so they've got to be intimidated. We'll save that chatter for another thread :cool:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
Robbie wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:Wally hasn't been better in his trophy presentation comments and interview with Team 1410 after.

So everyone.....who stayed for it? :wink:
Sorry, Robbie, but most of the crowd was gone by then. With the win clearly in hand, some folks left before the game was even over. The PA guy didn't really help either by announcing "So long and see you next week" right at the final gun and then five minutes later came an announcement asking everyone to stick around for the trophy presentation.
Taking a close look at the base of the trophy, it looks like the 2011 BC Lions engraving has already been made. Perhaps with the large lead at halftime, the trophy ambassadors were so confident that it will be awarded to the Lions so they did the engraving at that time.
Wow, I think you're right, I don't think I've ever seen that done before. But given the aforementioned delay, that could easily have happened right at the final gun or with a couple of minutes left when the outcome was pretty obvious.
Just to let everyone know, I am NOT the same person who posted this topic on the bclions.com forum:
http://forums.bclions.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=71901

Others have complained about the poor presentation of the western trophy as well.
What a wonderful game and the outcome was terrific. However, the Trophy was awarded in an area away from most of the team. Why would anyone separate the team from a ceremony they worked hard to get to? The win was a team effort and to see the players milling in the stadium and not included was sad to say the least. Anyone else feel the team as a whole should have been at the award ceremony?
I agree with you. It took a team effort to win the Western division championship. All of the players should have had the chance to revel in the glory of accepting the trophy. The actual presentation took place just above where the players come running out onto the field and go back in after the half and after the game.

The trophy presentation almost seemed like an after thought in some ways. The announcement that it was about to be presented came well after most of the fans has exited the stadium. I'm not quite sure why.
Am I alone or did anybody else not even know there was a trophy for winning the West? This trophy doesn't mean anything anyway. There's only one the team is playing for.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Anyone else notice the Felions broke into a dance routine when I think it was LaRose was still down and injured. I thought they took a knee until player was up and off the field. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:Anyone else notice the Felions broke into a dance routine when I think it was LaRose was still down and injured. I thought they took a knee until player was up and off the field. BB
I noticed a few times that there was a lot of bluster from the 'host' during injuries. I think the right thing is to stay quiet until he's helped off the field....

Also, if anyone wants to watch this West Final again, its scheduled to be shown again this evening at 11 PM on TSN2......
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The player introductions.
[video][/video]

And this video shows the fight in the stands.
[video][/video]
Last edited by Robbie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Two short clips showing the dying seconds and ending of the game:
[video][/video]
[video][/video]

Courtesy of the fired security guard mentioned in that other thread, the Felions sure know how to celebrate: :beauty:
[video][/video]

Finally, a longer clip showing the conclusion of the game that includes the trophy presentation: :rockin:
[video][/video]
祝你龍年行大運。