Alouettes @ Lions Game Day Thread 20111105

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:At leat we don't need the help of these qb's. Destiny is still in our own hands, thankfully. But where is swaggerville? All the talk this year and when it counts they have folded their tents. When you have a backup QB in there the d has to step up and make a stop. The bomber's d is not even coming close to that yet.
I just realised — I hadn't hear the word swaggerville until now since at least before Labour Day. Hopefully they got all those t-shirts sold in time.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Surely the Bombers realize their best chance to get to the Grey Cup is with Buck Pierce at the helm. Thus it stands to reason they need to win today to give him time to heal and be prepared for the Eastern Final. If they lose today and Montreal wins then the Bombers face a real chance of bowing out to the Ticats or even best case scenario of having a banged up Buck Pierce going into Montreal.

They really have to win today and sew up first place to give Buck time to heal to give them the best chance of getting to the Grey Cup. but of course they seem to be a no show today in all facets of the game.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:they (Wpg) seem to be a no show today in all facets of the game.
Rod Black: "Five horses coming down the stretch". I'd have to cap that at four from what we've seen here so far.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Bombers are brain dead today and have no heart. Call it.
MikeAK
All Star

I'm extremely shocked at what we're seeing here. What a joke

Edit: I should have known better. This is the CFL, anything can happen.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Talk about parity all you want, but the reality is the Bombers will still likely finish first in the East while the Roughriders will finish 6 games out of a playoff spot. I'd take the Riders over the Bombers based on what I've seen the past couple of weeks.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:The Bombers are brain dead today and have no heart. Call it.
Then again, this is the CFL. As the ads say, no lead is safe. 24-17 at the half.
Blitz
Team Captain

Belize City Lion wrote:Talk about parity all you want, but the reality is the Bombers will still likely finish first in the East while the Roughriders will finish 6 games out of a playoff spot. I'd take the Riders over the Bombers based on what I've seen the past couple of weeks.

Grrrrr...I was hoping for a Bomber victory and they looked horrible in the first quarter but they have come back with 17 straight points.

I don't want our Leos to face a very motivated Montreal team tonite. Hopefully Winnipeg will have a very strong second half.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Go Bombers :cr: :cr:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I kind of think it is better if the Lions have to win tonight. Keep the edge.

Motivation is always a tricky thing though. If the Stamps win, and the Lions win, then there will be a bit of a tendency for the Lions to feel they have climbed Mount Everest. That is human nature. But I still think it is better to take care of your own business, win your own way through the playoffs.

Nevertheless it would be nice to get that assist. Go, Bombers. I kind of feel that the Stamps will prevail, however.
LFITQ
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:I kind of think it is better if the Lions have to win tonight.
After the eskies won, the Lions game became a must win for the western final. If WPG wins all it means is that game tonight becomes meaningless for the Al's, which may make the win easier for the Lions. Calgary winning means the Al's have a shot at first should they beat the Lions.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

a Winnipeg win is the best scenario... still a must win for first, but a home playoff in the bag and Montreal with nothing to play for. Bombers looking much better in the last 1/4 plus... keep it going Blue!
swervynmerv
Legend

Winnipeg Defence has not looked very good today. They keep letting the Stampeders get out of deep yardage situations and allowing them to run the ball.

Go Lions Go
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Way to many variables to predict the final standings or connotations next week until nights end.

We can only control our own desire to win tonight, dominate the offensive / defensive trenches, and we will show yourself ready to host a 2011 playoff date.

Don't look back guys, just move on on!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The Bombers will be cheering on the Lions tonight. Critical dropped pass by Garrett on 1st down. He had the whole field to himself had he caught that pass from Brink.