Depth Chart vs the Eskimos - 20111120 WDF

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

joe kapp22
Legend

David wrote:
Rodu wrote:Why are they switching Mitchel and Taylor?
Mitchell suffered a charley horse in warm-ups last week but played through it (which makes sense because I didn't think our pass rush was all that good last week, save Keron Williams who's been a beast lately). Eric Taylor was having a good season until he got hurt - he's a great run stopper in the middle - which works well because Hamilton is going to try to run on us in Solly's absence.

DH :cool:
Well could be that Wally would like to see Taylor play to help decide if he should make Mitchell an offer this offseason, he'd have to know how Taylor can do replacing him before he can make that decision.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:BCFAN, do you suppose Neil McAvoy reads Lionbackers? Ha ha

I won't bother to do a new screen shot. Feeling lazy. :wink:
I learned long ago to always count. That's the second time this year a posted deptch chart has had only 45 players. On the field, officials are good at catching teams with too many players but it's amazing how many times a team will line up with only 11 players on the field, especially on special teams.
If the Riders had counted, they would have been Grey Cup Champions 2 years ago.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Here are the official roster transactions for this game:
BC ADD IMP Jock SANDERS (WR) West Virginia
BC TRF TO INJURED IMP Tim BROWN (RB) Temple - to Friday October 28
BC EXT ON INJURED IMP Solomon ELIMIMIAN (LB) Hawaii - to Friday October 28
BC EXT ON INJURED IMP Rajon HENLEY (DE) Texas Tech - to Friday October 28
HAM ADD IMP Brandon DENSON (LB) Michigan State
HAM ADD IMP Jeremy KELLEY (WR) Maine
HAM ADD IMP Robert ROSE (DL) Ohio State
HAM TRF TO INJURED IMP Terry GRANT (RB) Alabama - to Monday November 28^^
HAM TRF TO INJURED IMP Jamall JOHNSON (LB) Northwestern State - to Friday October 28
HAM TRF TO INJURED IMP Chris WILLIAMS (WR) New Mexico State - to Friday October 28
HAM EXT ON INJURED NIP Yannick CARTER (LB) Wilfrid Laurier - to Friday October 28
HAM EXT ON INJURED NIP Matt CARTER (WR) Acadia - to Friday October 28
HAM EXT ON INJURED IMP Milton COLLINS (DB) Mississippi - to Friday October 28
HAM EXT ON INJURED NIP Ryan HINDS (DB) New Hampshire - to Friday October 28
HAM EXT ON INJURED NIP Kyle JONES (LB) Bishop's - to Friday October 28
HAM EXT ON INJURED IMP Loyce MEANS (DB) Houston - to Friday October 28
HAM EXT ON INJURED IMP Jason SHIVERS (DB) Arizona State - to Friday October 28
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:BCFAN, I also see that Kierie Johnson is not on the 46 list. I would expect Sanders to play some backup receiver.
The posted 46-man roster is actually a 45-man roster. I hope this is just a web posting error and not the type of clerical error that forced Paul McCallum to miss a game last year. I know Johnson flew to Hamilton with the team and planned on playing.
Kierrie Johnson is back on the depth chart, which now has 46 players. He's listed as a backup to Simon.
Updated depth chart
I wonder how official the posting of the depth charts on the teams' websites is. Is there a more official declaration of the 46 man roster that goes to the league? Or is the posting of the chart on the internet official enough to be binding?

We recall that episode with McCallum declared ineligilble, and Whyte was amazingly available, being in the stadium. D'oh.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:We recall that episode with McCallum declared ineligilble, and Whyte was amazingly available, being in the stadium. D'oh.
He was there but apparently not ready to start the game; IIRC he was still getting into uniform while Paris Jackson was pressed into duty for our first punt.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Lions' depth chart not up yet on their site, will post later ...

Here is the Schmos' depth chart.

Funny how the teams evolve into similar roster patterns. Was a time when teams went for all NI O Line. Wally went with import tackles as we know, and the Eskimos now have that.

NI safety. Import LBs.

Eskimos are getting good mileage out of Laurent, the supplemental NI draft.

Key guys: Ricky Ray, Jerome Messam, Fred Stamps, Armstead, Barnes.

Their defence has been good this year under Stubler.

IMO their offence is even more dangerous, potentially.

Messam will be highly motivated versus the Lions.

Ricky Ray will try to find the rhythm versus the Lions he has had in the past.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Just hope the linebackers don't drop back too deep on 2nd and long and allow Ray to run up the middle as he's done in the past.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Depth chart for the Lions ...
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Yurichuk starting again ... :thup:

Sanders?

Henley?

Dennis in for Reddick ... Dennis should be OK. Reddick was gangbusters.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Priest is expected to be on the 42. He's the only remaining import backup DB. Sanders and Henley will likely be scratched along with Robertson and perhaps Mahmoudi unless something unexpected comes up before the game. However, the Lions show 11 non-import starters (really 10 when you delete Iannuzzi as fifth receiver). That allows them to dress six import backups (likely Hunt, McKenzie, Bighill, Priest, Brown and Johnson), three of whom can substitute freely for non-imports.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

LU mentioned in a story this week when McKenzie and Bighill had to replace Williams when he went down but when did Yurichuk move past Anton on the depth chart?

Interesting development given McKenzie has had another solid season and he is a pending FA along with at least 3 starters in the Lions secondary — Banks, Phillips and Marsh.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Just 6 O Linemen on depth chart. First time all year.

Could Wally be planning to suit up 6 D Linemen? I hope so.

Andrew Jones off. Cronk, Henley, Priest, Sanders off.

Lee, Foster, Reddick, K Williams on.

David, perhaps you need to inform the Lions once again about a possible mistake. Maybe they want Jones on the list. I count only 45 players on this chart. (Someone with a Lions' email address might wish to inform them of the possible mistake.)

And Jones not listed as being removed.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Da chart of da Schmos ...
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Armstead and Nowacki at the wideouts certainly can't put any fear into our DB's.

The key to the Eskimoes is Stamps and their Oline......which in my opinion is very weak.

Stop Stamps and pressure Ray and we should walk all over this team. I like the fact we have 6 D linemen dressed. Constant pressure on their front 5 and Ray = good day.

Talent wise, we are deep at all positions and against the Schmoes, we have a decided advantage. As WCJ touched on, the only concern is if one of our OL go down.....the oft injured JHR comes in. Could be a bit of a risk, but the reward is oh so sweet.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Jones is listed on the game roster so the 45-man depth chart is hopefully just harmless mistake. Jones plays a lot as a tight end in a blocking role and has done an outstanding job. He is also a member of the kick return team.

The return of Foster and Lee gives the Lions a lot more speed. Foster scored touchdowns in two of the three games he played against Edmonton this year. Lee also had 13 special teams tackles, fourth on the team, despite missing four games.