Depth Chart vs the Eskimos - 20111120 WDF

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I'm not buying this talk that the Lions "shut him down" theory... hey look the Als were way up on us... no doubt they let up. It's like a hockey game at 7-0 after two, then ends 7-2 ... did the losing team figure anything out? Nope...

Hey, it's a bit of both... I'm sure if the Als didn't take such a big so fast our second half would not have looked so good either...

Whatever, as long as we kill calgary on friday.... man I hate that team. :thdn:
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Lionheart wrote:No he is not. According to the show we just watched he was given an apple and a road map.
Just to be sure because things might have changed since the making of the film, I checked the Argos roster and he is not listed on the PR, however, O`Neil Wilson is. :shock:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Do you think Wally might take a chance on Mike Labinjo? He seemed to play his best against the Lions. Perry Lefko tweeted this today:
Perry Lefko
Just spoke to free agent Mike Labinjo. He rehabbing well from his triceps injury & is likely two weeks away from being ready to play. Wouldn't be surprised if some teams start calling him. A Canadian D-Lineman is gold. When he's on his game, he's among the best D-Linemen in the CFL.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

* Defensive lineman Nuvraj Bassi took part in his second practice with the Lions Tuesday after replacing rookie Chris Hodgson on the practice roster. Bassi, 28, was a Lions’ fifth-round pick in 2005 from the University of Oregon.
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Lion ... story.html
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:
Rammer wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:How about giving Miguel Robede a call?
I wonder what went on there, I am sure that he would have been contacted.
Is he on the Argo practice roster? BTW what is the rule for claiming a player from another teams PR. Does the new team have to start him or just dress him.
If you pluck a player from another team's practice roster you must place him on the active roster.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

The Riders have 48 on their 46 man roster list. They have 68 in total on all their lists. Our Lions have 58 in total on all our lists. Shown are the 20 players beyond their 46 (48?) Active Roster. They even show 9 on the 7 man Practice Roster.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Aside from our 46 man Active Roster. Here are the other 12 players on our various lists, 58 in total.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

WestCoastJoe wrote:The Riders have 48 on their 46 man roster list. They have 68 in total on all their lists. Our Lions have 58 in total on all our lists. Shown are the 20 players beyond their 46 (48?) Active Roster. They even show 9 on the 7 man Practice Roster.
I don't know if it's wise to take the rosters from the CFL or team websites as the most recent and accurate gospel. As far as showing 9 on the 7 man PR I see 3 show CJFL backgrounds I wonder if they are just listed there but don't actually count much like when Andrew Harris was still playing CJFL but practicing with the Leos.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:The Riders have 48 on their 46 man roster list. They have 68 in total on all their lists. Our Lions have 58 in total on all our lists. Shown are the 20 players beyond their 46 (48?) Active Roster. They even show 9 on the 7 man Practice Roster.
I don't know if it's wise to take the rosters from the CFL or team websites as the most recent and accurate gospel. As far as showing 9 on the 7 man PR I see 3 show CJFL backgrounds I wonder if they are just listed there but don't actually count much like when Andrew Harris was still playing CJFL but practicing with the Leos.
I agree that we would have to take the teams' roster lists on their websites with a grain of salt. But they should be accurate. Why not? Otherwise it is just bad P.R. And I think a case could be made that Wally has always played it straight with the lists, especially compared to some other teams. And I think a case could be made that the Riders always seem to have more guys on their 9 game injured list, and that they take way more advantage of an "expanded" roster than other teams, the Lions for instance.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Nah, it's just that Wheatie math again ;)
Real women wear orange!!
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

The riders are the CANCER of the league...
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions website seems to be much more out of date than in recent years. The cfl.ca transactions list seems to be the most accurate source of personnel information. It lists several Lions moves this week, many of which I haven't seen elsewhere, including the removal of injured DL Chris Hodgson from the practice roster, the addition of DL Khreem Smith to the practice roster in place of DL James Bryant and the deletion of LB Adam Bighill from the roster.
NON-ACTIVE 04-Jul-11
BC ADD NIP Nuvraj BASSI (OL) Oregon
BC REM UNS NIP Chris HODGSON (DL) Saint Mary's

NON-ACTIVE 05-Jul-11
BC ADD IMP Khreem SMITH (DL) Oklahoma
BC REM UNS IMP James BRYANT (DL) Louisville

ROSTER 06-Jul-11
BC DEL IMP Adam BIGHILL (LB) Central Washington
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Updated roster, depth chart, and injury lists. As noted on the pregame notes thread, David Hyland is missing from the lists. I expect it is a clerical omission. He was at practice yesterday. I am guessing he will end up on the IR.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:Updated roster, depth chart, and injury lists. As noted on the pregame notes thread, David Hyland is missing from the lists. I expect it is a clerical omission. He was at practice yesterday. I am guessing he will end up on the IR.
A clerical error forced Paul McCallum to sit out a game last year.