Breaking News... Printers cut!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

1040 just announced it... no details yet
joe kapp22
Legend

Ulrich reporting it as well.

Wow, man I love the CFL, here today, gone tomorrow, now it is the Lulay and J-Jax show.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
almo89
Legend

WOW. I wonder if this has to do with Printers taking it out on Wilson at the end of the game. If it's just based on QB performance, I don't see how they can cut him. It's not like Lulay has outperformed him in leaps and bounds. Who's gonna be our 3rd stringer now?
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

So much for the "team first" concept he tried to preach.

I have always been a Printers fan up until the end of the Winnipeg game. He acted like a spoiled brat....guess leopards don't change their spots that easily.

Road map and an apple, enjoy making chicken salad with that.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Centrum22
Starter

almo89 wrote:
Who's gonna be our 3rd stringer now?
Maybe we can steal Alex Brink. He is undefeated as a starter, afterall.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

This has to be about the O'Neil incident, and who knows what may have happened behind closed doors once CP got off the field. If it was only about CP's play on the field WB would have moved him down to #3 and kept him around as insurance for the remainder of the season. I would think the Lions are stuck with CP's salary for the rest of the season, so no $ incentive to cut him now.
David
Team Captain

Obviously this had less to do with on-field performance. Either the shocking images of him slamming his helmet and berating Wilson caused this move and/or something more serious behind closed doors.

If it was performance, why wouldn't they just relegate him to #3 and move Jarious up the depth chart and keep Casey for insurance with the playoffs looming?

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
David
Team Captain

Ha-ha! Belize, you keep jumping ahead of me and posting the same things! Stop it! :wink:

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Ha-ha! Belize, you keep jumping ahead of me and posting the same things! Stop it! :wink:

DH
careful David, people are going to start accusing us of being the same person ala 120db/chimpy :wink:
Spud387
Champion

David wrote:Obviously this had less to do with on-field performance. Either the shocking images of him slamming his helmet and berating Wilson caused this move and/or something more serious behind closed doors.

If it was performance, why wouldn't they just relegate him to #3 and move Jarious up the depth chart and keep Casey for insurance with the playoffs looming?

DH
I question this move. There must have been something else going on, but on with the show. The Lulay and JJ show it is.
The_Pauser
Legend

This confirms what we've all been thinking: Wally has lost it.

What does cutting Casey accomplish? You know, I have no issues with his big blowup last game. I'd like to see more players get pissed off in that situation when the team pissed away a win in the 4th quarter. Casey, was not the problem with this team. I feel for the most part that he played well within the limitations of the crappy offense Chaps has employed.

Casey is merely a martyr in this case. The's a victim in this. He's been victimized by a brutal offensive system which hasn't made any QB look good (even Ricky Ray looked horrendous under Chapball), and victimized by Wally's stubbornness to make the necessary changes where it mattered. He looked great last year, and until Chap got to sink his teeth into him with a full training camp, Casey magic was back.

Ah well who are we kidding...until Wally steps down this team is crap anyways.
Roar you Lions roar!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It's not out of character for Wally to cut a player after a performance like that, and Printers was one of the most likely candidates, but I didn't think it would happen. Wally has clearly been unhappy with his decision-making in the pocket, and throwing the INT to the sidelines on the final play instead of to Black over the middle as designed was probably the last straw.

The club seems high on QB Mike Reilly, and has kept him on full salary on the 46-man roster and lately on the injured list. This will be his first chance to get into uniform.
David
Team Captain

The_Pauser wrote:You know, I have no issues with his big blowup last game. I'd like to see more players get pissed off in that situation when the team pissed away a win in the 4th quarter.
You're kidding, right?

You are aware that he didn't just toss his helmet in disgust, that he essentially humilated a teammate in full view of TV cameras?

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
truth-hurts
Rookie

OMG! There is a football God! LOL!!! HIt the road Jack, and don't ya come back no more, no more, no more, no more.... :yahoo:

So sorry all you Casey supporters, band wagon riders and fans of his....the truth definitely hurts! His mediocre performance accompanied by his spoiled-brat behaviour has finally gotten him the heck outta here! :spoken:

"A leopard never changes his spots." "Actions speak louder than words." "Win as team, you lose as a team." "Being stupid isn't smart." Hey, Casey, may be you should stick these phrases on your fridge so that you can apply them to your life and may be you can be a better role model for the next team that you go to instead of being a "pretend" one...OR may be you should just fire your Life Coach! Obviously, he wasn't doing his job! :bawl:
Last edited by truth-hurts on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spud387
Champion

The_Pauser wrote:This confirms what we've all been thinking: Wally has lost it.

What does cutting Casey accomplish? You know, I have no issues with his big blowup last game. I'd like to see more players get pissed off in that situation when the team pissed away a win in the 4th quarter. Casey, was not the problem with this team. I feel for the most part that he played well within the limitations of the crappy offense Chaps has employed.

Casey is merely a martyr in this case. The's a victim in this. He's been victimized by a brutal offensive system which hasn't made any QB look good (even Ricky Ray looked horrendous under Chapball), and victimized by Wally's stubbornness to make the necessary changes where it mattered. He looked great last year, and until Chap got to sink his teeth into him with a full training camp, Casey magic was back.

Ah well who are we kidding...until Wally steps down this team is crap anyways.
Want a tissue? Obviously Casey's actions with O'Neil were out of line in wally's mind and was the last straw. We obviously don't know the whole story.