Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheSwerve

TheSwerve - I'm 28 and diehard Lions/Canucks fan! In the past I've had fellow employees from my place of work (at the time 10-15) purchase season tix for 3 years straight and got 121 employees out for the Calgary home playoff date. (you know, the one where Dumbman Allen dropped the ball on the last play) (oh oh...hear we go again)
Moved to Calgary a few months ago and TOTALLY MISS THE LOWERMAINLAND and the Lions practices.
If my name sounds familiar it's because it is!!! I was kicked off this site last year and because I've moved and got a new IP address I'm back on. Now that I'm back on I've tonned it down a bit thus Derek hasn't kicked me out again yet! Or perhaps now that he knows in case he didn't before I'll get kicked out again. Anyhow, LionPride till I die! Kelowna keep your head up! Bret your a stud! Kidd your CRAAAZY and that's good! And Derek, if you gonna kick me out again please send a warning cause I hate surprises! :wink: :wink:
D
Team Captain

Swerve .... I had my suspicions :wink:

but you have been good since you got back likely cuz DA is gone :lol: so I'll give it some thought .... I'd go ahead and let you stay but since the time you left I have been on every spam list known to man. Is that your work? and btw while we are coming clean what is your tag at 13thman.com?
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Arny
Champion

I'm 33, married with one son who will be 2 in October (you can see the family on the front page gallery) Grew up on the coast, have called the Okanagan home for the past 6 years. Love the Lions and Canucks. And hope to see you all at the tailgater before the Winnipeg game. :thup:
Bosco
Team Captain

I'm 43 and married with 2 Lion cubs - my eldest (12 years old) attends the games with me. Although I am not a season ticket holder, I have a 44 consecutive game streak going (dating back to the 99' season).

I grew up in Montreal watching the Alouettes and my earliest football memory was attending the 1969 Grey Cup parade along the streets of Montreal. I lived the highs of strong Alouette teams in the 70's, and weak Concordes teams in the 80's. I have also had to endure two of Nelson Skalbania's reign of error, when he screwed the Als in 1981, and the Lions in 1996. :bang: ...and the death of the "revised" Alouettes in 1987.

Moving to Vancouver in 1994, I once again had a local CFL to cheer for and have been a diehard Lions fan ever since. My CFL resume also includes attending 12 Grey Cup games from 1977 - 2002 and sharing a taxi with Joe Montford and riding on his coat tails when he snuck me into a crowded "Cowboys" bar during Grey Cup weekend in 2000. :lol:
Photog
Legend

Bosco wrote: and sharing a taxi with Joe Montford and riding on his coat tails when he snuck me into a crowded "Cowboys" bar during Grey Cup weekend in 2000. :lol:
Bosco, that was an excellent weekend. :rockin:
The Official Has-Been.
Bosco
Team Captain

It really was, Photog! Montford and just won the Outstanding Denfensive Player award and was heading over to Cowboys to celebrate. As I flagged down a taxi, Montford asked if he could share a ride. In return, I asked him if my buddy and I could tag along as he bypassed various doormen.

For a night, Montford was my favorite rush end. Oh...and the Lions winning a thriller two days later certainly capped off the weeekend! :beer:
Arny
Champion

What a great story :thup:
TheSwerve

D wrote
Swerve .... I had my suspicions

but you have been good since you got back likely cuz DA is gone so I'll give it some thought .... I'd go ahead and let you stay but since the time you left I have been on every spam list known to man. Is that your work? and btw while we are coming clean what is your tag at 13thman.com?
Hey D....I'm tellin' ya....it IS because Dumbman left that I'm a better man! :lol: I'm serious! :yes: Anywho......the spam's not my work old geezer. :wink: In regards to the 13thman.....hmmmmmm, are you trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone??? :lol:
I'll be straight.......I've visited 13thman every blue moon so the answer is no, I have no tag there. Lionbackers is the only site I give shiznit about! I'll be man enough and say hey...no hard feelings and I do regret getting booted! But if you gotta do what ya gotta do....do it! :cr:
Photog
Legend

Bosco, you rock. :rockin:
Sorry about the off topic.
The Official Has-Been.
orphan cub
Champion

my turn:

I'm a nice girl from the 'Burbs, live in the shadow of SFU. I've lived all over Canada, called GVR home since 95.
Fell in love with football in high school, thanks to my best friends' playing the game. (for the record, I'm a girl who's never watched a game to check out a players' butt)
Been away from the CFL scene for a while, but I'm back with a vengeance. Flex pack holder, still love the Ti-Cats & LOVE THIS GAME!
Happy to join you guys! :wink:
2006 Grey Cup Champions
KillerWhale

Well here's my first post, I check in daily to read the new stuff but never have posted since now, hopefully I will post more often.

I'm a 17 year old male, single and all that other stuff, huge fan of the Lions and Canucks. I currently live in Chilliwack, BC

Vancouver Canucks used to be my sole interest and then I occasionaly got into the lions when I was about 13, from 15 till now I have watched regularly and have only attended 2 games.. hey atleast its something :)

Hobbies include: hockey, football, computer junk and just chilling.

Dislikes: Baseball- Can't stand playing it or watching it, Basketball- I can play it, can't watch it.

I just graduated from the Sardis Secondary School.. woohoo no more school well atleast for a little while, till I get motivation to go to college :rockin:

A purrfect day to me would include a Canuck and Lions game on the same day while previously listing to rock music and chatting with friends while sipping down a nice cold drink... ahh relaxing.
TROOPER

Hey Lions Fans,

I'm 22, was born in the beautiful town of Invermere and now hail from Kamloops. Just completed my third year with a local firefighting contractor getting ready for my second year of sciences at UCC in Kamloops (embarrassed to say I never fought any local fires saw action in Wash State, Banff and Kootney parks however my younger brother was in Osoyoss, Falkland and Kelowna on our other strike team.) I have dreams of flying airliners for a living someday and recently completed my 200 hrs. for my basic commercial licence. I've been hooked on the CFL since watching my first game, the 1989 Grey Cup classic. Attended 98, 99, 00, and 02 Grey Cups with 00 being by far the best :rockin: . Love taking road trips with my buddies to see the Lions and Canucks. I think that's about all except for I'm single and still live at home :lol: .

LIONS FOREVER, Vince
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Ok, here's my breif story.

I'm 25 years old. I was born and raised in little Detroit. I watched a bit of nfl but had hockey in my blood since my mom's first trimester. One year after high school I moved out to Vancouver and woke up one morning to realize that my new home town had a hockey team. Instant Number one Canucklhead. Fn'eh!

A couple months go by and I get invited to a football game. "Whadja mean football?" ....BC Lions...Canadian football...."really?" (I never really heard much of it in little Detroit)

So, I go to the game...I beleive it's 1981 and the first game of the season. Montreal's in town and they are gonna use our arses to mop up the feild at 'ol Empire. They are gonna do this because we have no good players and they just got all these stars from the nfl....Billy "white" shoes Johnson, Vince Farragamo...and a few others.

We had Joe Paopao at quarterback. Vince threw half his passes to our db's and we killed 'em forty eight to eight. I thought that that went quite well and the rest is history. I've only missed a small handfull of games since.

Sorry to bore you.
David
Team Captain

Great story Lionheart but something's wrong with the math. You're 25? And you moved out here one year after high school? And the first game you attended was 1981?

Hmmm, something doesn't add up. :?
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Hey c'mon. I thought that since almost everyone else on this site is 25 I thought I'd try and get away with it. 8)

Ok, so I've got a few years of experience on top of that. :oops: