Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Mr. S
prospect

Hi I'm Matt, 29 years old, and I live in Surrey, BC. Just a few blocks from the Lions practice field :)

Been a Lions fan for as long as I can remember, but I really started to follow the team in '04, and I've been a rabid fan ever since.
Go LIONS go!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Welcome.
BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

Yeah, welcome to the family Matt.
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
orangepridemama54
prospect

I am a long time, a re-a-a-lly long time, Lions fan........learned the game from my Dad who first bought our season tickets way back in '54; now my husband, son and I carry on.....and a willing third generation is keen to learn the game from me as I did from my Dad .

Living in Victoria, a recent move, means that our game attendance this year won't be purrfect for the first time in a long time, but my spirit will remain strong. It's going to be a great year! Call me Nanajo.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

orangepridemama54 wrote:I am a long time, a re-a-a-lly long time, Lions fan........learned the game from my Dad who first bought our season tickets way back in '54; now my husband, son and I carry on.....and a willing third generation is keen to learn the game from me as I did from my Dad .

Living in Victoria, a recent move, means that our game attendance this year won't be purrfect for the first time in a long time, but my spirit will remain strong. It's going to be a great year! Call me Nanajo.
Welcome!! There are quite a few of us either here in Victoria and on the island. How many games are you planning to catch this year? Also if you're up for it some of us get together for "pubgaters". Enjoy the site :)
Real women wear orange!!
chainsawman34
prospect

Hi I'm Bob 47 year old from Washington state.I just became a lions fan last year.I must admit I started watching the lions because of there new import Adam Bighill and was very surprised how fast i grew to love not only the game you guys play but the guys who play for the lions YA I'm hooked,looking forward to another season of lions football,learning more about the way the game is played in Canada,and this family they call BC LIONS.also looking forward to a couple trips up to BC to see the Lions live.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

chainsawman34 wrote:Hi I'm Bob 47 year old from Washington state.I just became a lions fan last year.I must admit I started watching the lions because of there new import Adam Bighill and was very surprised how fast i grew to love not only the game you guys play but the guys who play for the lions YA I'm hooked,looking forward to another season of lions football,learning more about the way the game is played in Canada,and this family they call BC LIONS.also looking forward to a couple trips up to BC to see the Lions live.
Welcome aboard Bob! Hope you do make it up to a game or two this season. The Lions have a few Washington State (not the school) connections along with Adam. Mike Reilly also from Central, Ryan Phillips from Eastern, Ben Ossai from the Huskies. Not sure of the status of Cody Habben (other than he's currently listed as suspended...whatever that means).

Adam's been a great addition but of course he has very big shoes to fill this season. Good luck to him!
Heathcliff
Rookie

I'm Adele, in my 20s, I'm currently in Saskatoon for the summer finishing up my B.A. and I'll be moving back out to Abbotsford in Sept; hopefully then I can catch my first game at the new BC Place! I've been a Leos fan as long as I can remember, and I've been reading Lionbackers for years but never really posted... This season I figure I'll probably have a lot to say! :)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Do you like cats?
Heathcliff
Rookie

of course!
tw_fatcat
prospect

Name: Tory

Came to Vancouver to live with my wife two years ago and then spent a year in Australia. Now back in Vancouver and just starting to get used to Canadian football. So far I am enjoying the game and wouldn't think about rooting for anything other than a BC team. Right now I couldn't be considered fanatical but I am sure it will come as I tend to do so with sports in general. I look forward to making my first game soon and wonder where the tailgates are.

Teams: Vancouver Canucks, BC Lions, Texas State Bobcats (alma mater)
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Welcome Heathcliff and fatcat.

Couple of new Cats. Growl. :wink:
Gettework
prospect

I am BC LIONS loudest fan. Litterally. I get in the oppositions head. I am unrelenting. I am well known behind the opposition bench and often get told by security that I am tooooo loud. The more i am hated the better my day gets. I am a BC BOOZEBROTHER. Lion4life :beer:
Rammer
Team Captain

Gettework wrote:I am BC LIONS loudest fan. Litterally. I get in the oppositions head. I am unrelenting. I am well known behind the opposition bench and often get told by security that I am tooooo loud. The more i am hated the better my day gets. I am a BC BOOZEBROTHER. Lion4life :beer:
Funny how other teams want fans to be loud, yet in BC Place if you draw too much attention, the security takes note.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Hendu
prospect

Hi guys.. and gals!!

Grew up in Revelstoke B. C. and remember as a kid going up in the mountains where the radio reception was better to listen to Jim Robson/Jim Cox and others call the Leos games. Collected lotsa cool stuff as a kid that step-mommy tossed out while I was off at UBC.
Have been re-building my Lions/CFL collection since. Those Royal Bank Leos Leaders sure were/are a challenge!! Still need almost all of the 1975 ones (only have Tony Moro who was a Lion for what.. 28 minutes?? LOL)
"Worked" (and I use the term loosely) in the sports media for 35 years.. 6' 2" and good lookin' on radio. TV effed that up real quick.
Had seasons tickets for several years at ol' Empire while I was a young guy in Van-City. I stil remember $50 a year behind a post for 10 games. Remember there were four pre-season games then.. two at home.
Lotsa cool B. C. memorabilia: A helmet that Bob Ackles actually gave me back when he was Equipment Manager and I was a kid, Steve Cotter's #58 jersey from the 1960's, 1950's press photos, printer's plates.
Still need those damn 1975 Leos Leaders photos though. Don't know why that year seems so tough to find??
Gotta run!! Wifey-poo just came home and demanded we go out for sups!!!
Cheers!!!
Come On and Roar You Lions.. Roar!!!