Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Lionsman wrote:Bernie
Stuck in Edmonton
Lions fan forever
Canucks fan, sometimes painfully
Like football, golf, hockey, etc
Born in Smithers in '59
Grew up in North Okanagan/Shuswap
There are other Lion fans in Edmonton, so you aren't alone there. And welcome to the site, it is always nice to see someone with taste in Edmonton.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Shorty77
prospect

Hi everyone 36 years old used to work game days with the Lions for 18 seasons some may have seen me around the team a lot over the years. Left the Leos in 210 after Grey Cup to focus on my career as a Chef. Love the Leos love beer but most importantly I love our game there is nothing like a good old CFL game to get the blood boiling with all the excitement.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Welcome Shorty. Where do you work as a chef ?
EDJ
prospect

Hi Lionbackers! I've been reading your posts for years now and thought I would join in on all the fun. I would prefer to stay anonymous due to my work - but I do have extensive knowledge and experience with football. I have 9 years experience working in the CFL, 4.5 in the NFL and I'm lucky to be one of the few that was on a superbowl winning team. I'm a fan of the CFL and NFL - I support the BC Lions and I hope to continue enjoying my time in the Lionbackers site.

Thanks for the warm welcome D!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

EDJ wrote:Hi Lionbackers! I've been reading your posts for years now and thought I would join in on all the fun. I would prefer to stay anonymous due to my work - but I do have extensive knowledge and experience with football. I have 9 years experience working in the CFL, 4.5 in the NFL and I'm lucky to be one of the few that was on a superbowl winning team. I'm a fan of the CFL and NFL - I support the BC Lions and I hope to continue enjoying my time in the Lionbackers site.

Thanks for the warm welcome D!
Welcome, EDJ.
ubbullrun
prospect

Hi all,

I'm one of the editors at Bull Run, an SBNation site focused on the University at Buffalo and their athletic department. This year we have started to track UB Alumni in the Canadian Football League (http://www.ubbullrun.com/cfl). There are four players from UB playing right now.

Drew Willy (QB) and Willie Moseley (DE) are in Winnipeg. Natey Adjei (WR) is in Toronto, and http://www.ubbullrun.com/2014/5/22/5741 ... e-bc-lions Ernest Jackson (WR) is starting for BC tonight against Edmonton.

I look forward to following BC this season and I hope Jackson does well by the Lions..
Rammer
Team Captain

ubbullrun wrote:Hi all,

I'm one of the editors at Bull Run, an SBNation site focused on the University at Buffalo and their athletic department. This year we have started to track UB Alumni in the Canadian Football League (http://www.ubbullrun.com/cfl). There are four players from UB playing right now.

Drew Willy (QB) and Willie Moseley (DE) are in Winnipeg. Natey Adjei (WR) is in Toronto, and http://www.ubbullrun.com/2014/5/22/5741 ... e-bc-lions Ernest Jackson (WR) is starting for BC tonight against Edmonton.

I look forward to following BC this season and I hope Jackson does well by the Lions..
Welcome ubbullrun, I would love to hear your input on Jackson. I am waiting for him to become the starter, he has so much potential to bring to the CFL game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
ubbullrun
prospect

Rammer wrote:
ubbullrun wrote:Hi all,

Welcome ubbullrun, I would love to hear your input on Jackson. I am waiting for him to become the starter, he has so much potential to bring to the CFL game.
He was a great special teams guy at Buffalo and a very good receiver. I keep hoping to see him break out and thought he had two seasons ago.
CoachMatt
prospect

Names Matt
Live in South Vancouver
Lions fan/Packers Fan
I played and currently coach Football. (hence the name)
Grew up watching Jimmy the Jet and Bo Lewis.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Welcome, we can always use another coach
burnt_orange_2
prospect

Good to be aboard....long-time Lions fan, first game was at Empire in 1970 (Paul Brothers QB vs Ron Lancaster that night).
Have had season tickets for years.....(almost) never miss a game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Welcome Burnt Orange. My first game was Joe Kapp vs. Ron Lancaster
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

burnt_orange_2 wrote:Good to be aboard....long-time Lions fan, first game was at Empire in 1970 (Paul Brothers QB vs Ron Lancaster that night).
Have had season tickets for years.....(almost) never miss a game.
Same for me but it was the final game of the season November 1. My birthday.
David
Team Captain

Funny, this was my second ever Lions game (the first being on 9/13/70 against Winnipeg).

Burnt Orange 2, welcome. I think your first game was the home opener as it was played at night (a 42-9 loss to the Roughriders). Lions4ever's was the final game of the 1970 season, played on a sunny Sunday afternoon, a (what else?) 33-13 loss to the Roughriders.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Funny, this was my second ever Lions game (the first being on 9/13/70 against Winnipeg).

Burnt Orange 2, welcome. I think your first game was the home opener as it was played at night (a 42-9 loss to the Roughriders). Lions4ever's was the final game of the 1970 season, played on a sunny Sunday afternoon, a (what else?) 33-13 loss to the Roughriders.

DH :cool:
That's awesome. I wish I had my stub but I went with relatives who had season's tix.