Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

GridironHeros

Old enough to remember when CFL teams could OUTBID NFL teams for new players!! Actually, I'm just 40, but they were still doing that when I was a kid (no, really...).

Live in St. Catharines, ONT, but grew up in the Steeltown: Hamilton.

Been a CFL fan since '72 (hometown Grey Cup win? Fantastic!!), but been a die-hard, raving Ticat fan since '94!

Self-employed, small business entrepreneur, making all sports-related products (figurines, clocks/plaques, etc.). Especially football, and INCLUDING custom CFL items!! Hey, check me out (below) if you're curious. Very unique items no diehard CFL fan should be without (if I DO say so myself!)
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote:You're in for a long wait.

BTW, that new flag waving emoticon. Is that the one you'll use to surrender to the Bombers????? :helmet:
I don't think a few weeks is long....I mean if you keep yourself busy and go to the beach and walk your dog and stuff a victory over the bombers is just around the corner.

Only Roger can wave surrender flags around here and he's gone..victory all the way. :thup:
darnellclash
Starter

28, HUGE Lions fan

I'm the guy in the group who tries to convince my buddies that the CFL is better than NFL, I have converted a few so I usually drag them to the game with me, otherwise it's the father son deal which is almost better

bought season tix last year, got 2 flex pax this year, already planned on sitting in sec 17 whenever possible cuz it's closest to the exit and there is beer and bathroom on either side - I sat in row F whenever I could - I was the guy who always yelled " I like Head..head rules...what ? it's his name "
It is what it is.
bbgirl
Legend

darnellclash wrote: already planned on sitting in sec 17 whenever possible cuz it's closest to the exit and there is beer and bathroom on either side - I sat in row F whenever I could - I was the guy who always yelled " I like Head..head rules...what ? it's his name "
sounds like you and bc49 will get along splendidly :roll: :yes:
Rick James
Legend

I was the guy who always yelled " I like Head..head rules...what ? it's his name "
You might have been one of the guys yelling it, but I was the first. :rockin:
dieselfan

33 female from Kamloops, grew up just south of Nanaimo. Been watching the Leos since 1976 when I was just a youngster sitting on Grampa's knee watching football. Excited to be in Kamloops for training camp this year, bought flex passes this year to try and make it to as many games as possible. Kind of a commute, but well worth the drive. Favorite players over the years have been Lui, of course, Swervyn Mervyn, QBs Matt and Doug, Jamie Taras, The Diesel Millington and now Jason Clermont. Hope to meet more of you at the tailgaters this year. GO LIONS GO!!!!
Rick James
Legend

Welcome aboard dieselfan. :beer: :beer:
darnellclash
Starter

pglionking wrote:
I was the guy who always yelled " I like Head..head rules...what ? it's his name "
You might have been one of the guys yelling it, but I was the first. :rockin:
Yeah, I won't take credit for starting that one but I heard some good comments make their way back to me after some of my parent's friends happened to be in the stands nearby..they actually thought it was hilarious..oh well I have some good one liners up my sleeve for opposing players this year and some for the Lions when they piss me off ( like throwing screen passes in the CFL..what the @*&$ 20 yard bomb sideways ??? ).

I think it all started when I was a kid, at my first game at Empire Stadium, some of the Winnipeg players were fingering the fans and there I go ( all of 6 or 7 years old ) fingering them right back and cursing at them ..hate the Bombers ever since.
D
Team Captain

hate the Bombers ever since
No sense stopping now :roar:
[img]http://www.lionbackers.com/forum/download.php?id=208[/img]

Welcome to all the newcomers to Lionbackers.com :beauty: hope to meet you all at a tailgater :beer:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
David
Team Captain

Sadly, that closely resembles the gas meter when I went to fill up at the Esso station the other day. :no:

You want to put in just $20 bucks these days? Good luck. You better have some spare change in your pocket too 'cause that meter spins so fast now, the chances of hitting "exactly" $20 or $30 bucks are about as remote as knocking down those little milk bottles at the PNE.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Photog
Legend

lol. i guess at least we can do the seinfeild/AMEX stunt.
all i have is plastic in my pocket these days, and that's not by choice.
anyways, welcome darnell!
The Official Has-Been.
Swervin Mervyn

Hi all. Just discovered this site and figured I'd better join. I'm 36, grew up in Salmon Arm, lived in Calgary briefly and have resided in Kelowna since 1989. Huge Lions fan since I was 10 and am glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the CFL has a far superior game than anyone. Been to only a few games over the years but plan on attending many more. Glad to see every Lions game is televised this year because last year I was ready to go postal over the 2 or 3 games (can't remember) that we couldn't see. Anyways, heres to hoisting and drinking champagne out of the Grey Cup this year!
Rick James
Legend

Welcome aboard Swervin Mervyn!!! :beer:
D
Team Captain

welcome Swervin .... just to give you a heads up .... a couple years ago a guy with the same nickname .... and avatar got banned from here so if you get a little heat from some of the old guys on here ... you know why :wink:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Swervin Mervyn

Really!? You'll find I'll bring the respect and dignity that this name deserves. You'll be proud of me Mr Fernandez, you just wait and see :yes: .