Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

louharris74
Rookie

Live in Richmond, 52, married, 2 teenagers, been a Leo's fan since my first game in 1970. Brother and buddy 10 game flex pack holders. My biggest message to the Lions front office ... make it more affordable for families, today's teens are tomorrow's ticket buyers.
David
Team Captain

louharris74 wrote:Live in Richmond, 52, married, 2 teenagers, been a Leo's fan since my first game in 1970. Brother and buddy 10 game flex pack holders. My biggest message to the Lions front office ... make it more affordable for families, today's teens are tomorrow's ticket buyers.
Welcome louharris74. The first game I can vividly recall attending at Empire Stadium was that same year too.

I also remember Lou Harris from USC. What a backfield tandem with Monroe Eley. Two 1,000 yard rushers!

Cheers.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
GoHugh
prospect

Fan of Hugh O'Neill -- here's hoping he has the season he wants to with the Lions this year, and that the Lions have a nice reset and get back to the Grey Cup this year.
BCFC_Fan
prospect

New to the forum...have been following for a bit

City: Kelowna, BC
Married
Female but know my football!
Raised in Vancouver BC and have been a fan of the Lions since the late 70's, season ticket holder back in the mid 80's..

My son is one of the Okanagan Sun juniors vying for a spot on the 2013 roster this year...so proud to say that he is grinding it out to be a member of my favorite CFL team!
FL-BC LionsFan
prospect

Greetings fellow Lions fans...

I am FL-BC LionsFan...

I hope to get to chat with you all here & make some friends...

Feel free to contact me here...
ian1covkid
prospect

Hi,
I'm your newest member from 4000 miles away in Coventry, England.
Coventry is very near Shakespeare's birthplace in Stratford Upon Avon and the place where Jaguar Cars, or Jagwarrr as you pronounce it, are manufactured.

My Wife and I were on Vacation in and around BC ending in Vancouver and when there, we always try and take in a Lions game.

We have two tickets for Friday's game against the Roughriders. Unfortunately I'm posting this with some sadness as we have had to return home to the UK as my wife's mother has passed away.

My tickets are registered on StubHub.com and are priced at face value in blocks 243 and 244 however the seats are together in row U Seats 09, 109.

I hope they get sold in time for someone to enjoy the game. If they don't get sold then anyone who makes me an offer on this site can have them, even if the best offer is to send me a photo of you at the game.
The tickets are held on ticket master so I can transfer them immediately for you to print if they don't get sold on Stubhub.

Hope this helps someone to get in and enjoy the game.
Cheers
Ian
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Welcome to the forum and condolences on your wife's mother's passing. Just wondering how a member 4,000 miles away became a BC Lion and CFL fan.
ian1covkid
prospect

Hi,
It's mainly due to the fact that we love Vancouver, often visit on Vacation and as my wife will tell you, I love to see all sports live.
You also get a great atmosphere in BC Place.
Unfortunately the tickets haven't yet sold on stubhub.com possibly due to not being able to list them properly as they are together but across two blocks.
Any takers?
Should I post this somewhere else????
Cheers
Ian
BCGreyCup2013
prospect

Hey guuys, this is my first post and I have been reading this forum since last season but created an account now.

I'm 17, last year in grade 12, huge Lions and Canucks fan. From Surrey, BC.
BC 1988
Legend

Sorry I didn't see this thread before I did my first posts. I'm 51, have lived in BC since 1988 (hence the name). Was and still am also an Argos fan (so can appreciate the generosity of Senator Braley in ensuring the CFL has survived as a viable league).
I went to my first Lions game in '94, bought mostly single games until the Tempire season, which was unique enough to get ST.
I find the NFL boring compared to the CFL. 3 downs are where it's at!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

BC 1988 wrote:Sorry I didn't see this thread before I did my first posts. I'm 51, have lived in BC since 1988 (hence the name). Was and still am also an Argos fan (so can appreciate the generosity of Senator Braley in ensuring the CFL has survived as a viable league).
I went to my first Lions game in '94, bought mostly single games until the Tempire season, which was unique enough to get ST.
I find the NFL boring compared to the CFL. 3 downs are where it's at!
Hi BC 1988, welcome to this board. Since you lived in BC since 1988, do you have any particular thoughts on the 1988 BC Lions team that had a lot of new faces and do you have a particular scapegoat for the 1988 Grey Cup loss?
[video][/video]

The Lions were finally able to avenge that narrow loss exactly 23 years later. Let's see if the Tiger-Cats can finally avenge their narrow loss to the Roughriders 24 years ago this coming Sunday.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
BC 1988
Legend

Thanks Robbie. The '88 GC was the first one I watched as a Lions fan. I'd say it was their's to win.
The blame could be laid at the coaching decision to have Dunigan go for the risky TD throw to win it on 2nd and goal from the 7, rather than being more cautious and easily tying the score with a 3rd down FG.
You could blame Anthony Cherry for his undisciplined retaliation penalty, but it shouldn't have come to that.
Huntz64
prospect

My name is Jeff Hunsperger i am 43 I was born on Vancouver and my dad played for the lions and the Argos back in the late 60's and early 70's i am tryin to collect as much info along with cards and anything else related to my Dad my boy is 13 and a football stud so far is super interested in his papa dad died in 2005 from leukemia we look forward to hearing from anybody that can help thank you.
Jeff & Jacob
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I had the honour of watching your dad Garrett play for the Lions. If I recall your dad was quite a character.
Lionsman
prospect

Bernie
Stuck in Edmonton
Lions fan forever
Canucks fan, sometimes painfully
Like football, golf, hockey, etc
Born in Smithers in '59
Grew up in North Okanagan/Shuswap