Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:That's awesome. I wish I had my stub but I went with relatives who had season's tix.
Still have mine from my first Lions game: 1994GC. It wasn't one of those big fancy ones you'd get in your ST package these days, just a small, generic Ticketmaster printout that I bought post-WF. Last I looked (5yrs ago?), some of its ink had already begun to wear off.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Lulay14
prospect

I am 45
Lions fan since 1980
Interests: listening to music, going for walks, reading
Vancouver Giants pack holder
dat
Rookie

D, Im 54, married guy from Langley. Grew up in Vancouver playing football and hockey. Lots of good memories watching games at Empire and BC place.
If I see u at a game I will say hi.

DAT
Duressler47
prospect

Hey guys!

Age 14
Saskatoon
Rider fan

Question: Anyway that goes by the name lyin' guy here?
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Duressler47 wrote:Hey guys!

Age 14
Saskatoon
Rider fan

Question: Anyway that goes by the name lyin' guy here?
Don't think so but I've read a few of his posts on Riderfans :wink: (no, I'm not him)

I like what he usually has to say and there is lots of banter between him/Rider fans.
LionsLip
Rookie

I am LIonsLip and just joined this site tonight...long over due at that...a place that I can call home! You see I am a native Albertan, but have been an avid B.C. LIons fan ever since I started watching football about 45 years ago. I grew up in St. Paul, Alberta and have been asked why cheer for the Lions and not the Eskies or Stamps? WEll Bryan Hall (radio broadcaster for the Esks) was enough to turn me off of them and I never cared for the Stamps. My older brother actually turned me on to the LIons. He was a very good artist and I remember this excellent charcol he did of Tom Brown. Needless to say I watched many frustrating years before the Lions won their 2nd cup in 85 and have enjoyed everyone since. I am 53 now and married to a great gal from Saskatchewan, who I turned on to football, and guess who her favourite team is? Well it sure makes for some interesting nights on the couch! We plan on retiring to beautiful B.C.'s interior and plan on attending and cheering on many B.C. LIons home games.... I can hardly wait!. At times it is difficult cheering for the Lions east of the Rockies as there is not much support here, you have to stand your ground and take it on the chin quite a bit. So I look forward to the company of the LIons Den and perhaps make some good friends there! :beer:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Welcome to the Lions Den. We need more fans like you in Alberta.
Fred.Fonce
Rookie

Hey everyone. I just signed up and posted for the first time on Sunday during the Montreal Meltdown. Long time lurker but I just couldn't hold back any longer. Been a Lions fan since the mid 60's and grew up in the same neighbourhood Willie Fleming lived in Richmond, way back then. Had seasons from '76 to '83 until I was transferred out of town. Now retired and back in Richmond again. It is a wee bit different now from when I left!
I am also an occasional poster in the Canucks Forum, and oh boy what a difference from here to there. The level of knowledge about the sport and camaraderie that exists here is first class...I always enjoy my visits here.
Cheers!
David
Team Captain

Welcome Fred. Feel free to post more often.

Glad you like the site. We've cultivated a really good atmosphere here - lots of really smart and knowledgeable posters from whom I learn a lot, daily. As an added bonus, everyone gets along well for the most part. Opinions often differ (well, except that we ALL agree 2014 was a colossal disappointment :sigh:), but it's all expressed respectfully.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Fred.Fonce wrote:Hey everyone. I just signed up and posted for the first time on Sunday during the Montreal Meltdown. Long time lurker but I just couldn't hold back any longer. Been a Lions fan since the mid 60's and grew up in the same neighbourhood Willie Fleming lived in Richmond, way back then. Had seasons from '76 to '83 until I was transferred out of town. Now retired and back in Richmond again. It is a wee bit different now from when I left!
I am also an occasional poster in the Canucks Forum, and oh boy what a difference from here to there. The level of knowledge about the sport and camaraderie that exists here is first class...I always enjoy my visits here.
Cheers!
Welcome aboard. We might have attended Richmond High about the same time. I dropped out in 67 BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Fred.Fonce
Rookie

Thanks!
I was a Hugh McRoberts and Steveston High grad....'73 so sounds like I'm a bit younger. Willie lived on Saunders Rd between Garden City and 4 Rd, which back then was Hugh McRoberts and Steveston cachment.
CFLFootballCards
prospect

Hi!
Longtime lurker and lifelong Lions fan, dating back to my first football memory, the 1983 Grey Cup game.

I'm 38 going on 39 years old, married with two kids, including a five year old boy who so far shows no interest in sports. :(

I live in Chilliwack and went to three Lions home games last year. I think they scored one touchdown with me in attendance.

Looking forward to talking football and having some fun!
VictoriaFan
Starter

Well I'm 57, lived in Vancouver when the dome was built and Roy Dewalt and Swervin' Mervin were the big ticket guys. I was hooked ever since . I've been lurking your site for some time now and I'm always amazed at the knowledge put forth on these forums. Best thing about being a Lions fan on the island is no blackouts, worst thing is it costs a bundle to go see a live game. Biggest pet peave is the media would rather talk about hockey drafts in August than a huge CFL game :violin:
Rocko604
Rookie

Hello fellow Lions and CFL fans. Been a life-long Lions fan, and love the CFL. I'm 32 years old, and been having a quite a few discussions with people my age and younger who think "the CFL sucks" as of late, so I'm happy to come to a place where everyone's on the same page. Big football fan in general as I'm a fan of the Steelers and Washington Huskies. People seem to look at me funny when they realize I'm a fan of all three. Yes, you're allowed to do that.

Anyway, go Lions!
Youppi
prospect

I'm 48, single guy from Toledo, OH. Lions fans are pretty scarce around here so I thought I'd find a forum with like-minded fans. I watched a lot of CBC growing up. Yes, we even had CBC in Toledo on our cable, since it's only an hour from Windsor, ON. Eventually I got into watching the CFL and the Lions just kind of grew on me. Who could root against Lui Passaglia? Over the years it got hard to follow the team after the CBC stopped covering the league, but with these new fangled computers, and the interwebs, now I can watch most games easily.
Last year I finally got to see my first Lions game, at the not so friendly confines of McGill. It was a tough loss but it was still great to actually cheer for them in a stadium finally.
I hope we can get another Cup after a rather frustrating regular season.