"Guess The Lions' Win-Loss Record" Contest

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Hi All,

We D's blessing, I thought we'd do something fun on Lionbackers. Let's face it, the Lions are a real crap shoot this season (let's hope the emphasis WON'T be on the word 'crap'). With all the rookies and new faces, they could either go on a long winning streak....or (God forbid) losing. :pray: All the new players combined with the competitiveness of the West Division, makes this a challenging exercise.

The contest though is simple. Give us your prediction for the club's regular season win-loss record. If you want to guess final standing and post-season, that's fine, but the contest is based on wins and losses (and ties?) in the regular season.

Since there are likely to be several Lionbackers with the same prediction, the tiebreaker will go to the closest (high or low) to POINTS FOR, so be sure to include that in your post (helpful hint: last year, the club scored 431 points for).

In the interests of fairness, entries will be accepted until July 4 at 4:00PST. (kick-off).

Entries will be compiled and at the end of the season, I will send the winner a 5-pack of DVD movies (they'll be hot titles and current releases). :yes:

I am disqualifying myself but I will start things off: I am saying that after a slow start the club will finish with a 11-7 record with 505 points for.

Good luck!

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
korey&dante4ever
Champion

Cool..
10-8... 486 points for
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
squishy35
Legend

13 wins vs 5 losses 524 points for this year...... :yahoo:
#1 Lions Fan in SK
Starter

12 wins - 6 losses. 493 points for.
donefron
Starter

10 - 8 485 points (gel just in time for the playoffs)
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I say 10-8 with 497 points for :roar:

Great idea!!
Real women wear orange!!
Rammer
Team Captain

8 - 10, thankful for the two games vs the Argos.

Edit: 524 pts
Entertainment value = an all time low
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Put me down for 9-9 with 494 PF.

Don't worry, if the team exceeds expectations, I won't be rooting for us to lose just for the prize.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
David
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:8 - 10, thankful for the two games vs the Argos.
You forgot the "points for" component, Rammer. Mind you, with THAT prediction, I hardly think the tiebreaker will be necessary. :tease:

Interesting too, that you have 8-10 in this thread and 9-9 in another. I think if we wait another day, we might be able to get it up to 10-8. :wink:

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

9 - 9 ... 495 points for (27.5 per game)

I think our record could be anywhere from 11 - 7 down to 7 - 11. Depending on the whims of fate, and a few other variables. We could go to the Grey Cup or the Out House.
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:
Rammer wrote:8 - 10, thankful for the two games vs the Argos.
You forgot the "points for" component, Rammer. Mind you, with THAT prediction, I hardly think the tiebreaker will be necessary. :tease:

Interesting too, that you have 8-10 in this thread and 9-9 in another. I think if we wait another day, we might be able to get it up to 10-8. :wink:

DH
My cup was half full at that time, not anymore. :wink:

Actually, the other thread was left open to being lower. After rethinking the OL situation and the reluctance for JC to run the ball, or move the pocket, I am siding on the below 500 mark. Heck 8 wins may be a lot to ask for, but with the double or potentially triple QB depth, we may get a couple of wins if other teams get an injury on the starting QB's. Remember LFitQ isn't posting much, someone has to pick up the slack. :)

As is the case, if we do better, I will be the happiest guy around here to be wrong.
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

11-7 and the Lions get 521 points. I like the sounds of the so-called 'attitude adjustment' being talked about by Players/Coaches... lets see how it plays out on gamedays.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

11-7 with 538 points
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Whisperin' Jimmy
Starter

9 - 8 - 1, with 450 points.

Sure, I know a tie is even more improbable this year with the 'must-go-for-two' rule. But hell, Printers is our new quarterback and we're putting a retractable roof on our stadium. We're all about improbable!
"Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings." -George F. Will
Gary
Starter

12-6