"Guess The Lions' Win-Loss Record" Contest

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

8-10, 467 points for.

If the running game returns, and the pocket moves, 10-8, but that won't happen.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Whisperin' Jimmy wrote:...a tie is even more improbable this year with the 'must-go-for-two' rule.
I would disagree. It's on both teams to convert (or fail to convert) their 2pt attempts. I'd have to believe an even exchange, whether it's six or eight — and a sustained tie — is equally as likely as the combined chances of 8-6 or 6-8 outcomes to determine a winner.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Kamloops Lion
All Star

My prediction:
Lions will finish with a record of 10-8.
They will score 471 points.
Thanks
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

not playing to win anything, but I predict that printers only wins 6 games at most. It will take Lulay starting and\or playing more than printers to win any more.

so, assuming that printers starts all 18, I guess 6-12
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Arny
Champion

8-10
509 points
Whisperin' Jimmy
Starter

sj-roc wrote:
Whisperin' Jimmy wrote:...a tie is even more improbable this year with the 'must-go-for-two' rule.
I would disagree. It's on both teams to convert (or fail to convert) their 2pt attempts. I'd have to believe an even exchange, whether it's six or eight — and a sustained tie — is equally as likely as the combined chances of 8-6 or 6-8 outcomes to determine a winner.
Hmmmm.... I thought the whole point of the rule change was to make a result more likely. Let us presume the percentage of missed 2-point conversions is 50% (a figure which I just this very moment made up). The percentage of missed converts is, conservatively, 0%. So it seems to me this has to make an even exchange less likely.

Anyway, I like to bet the long shots. As Kevin said on The Office, "If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 odds on anything, you take that bet. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I will be one rich dude."
"Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings." -George F. Will
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

11-7 472 points for

Empire Field gives us a stronger home field advantage making us tough to beat at home as we put together a 7-2 record in our new confines. Things aren't quite so rosy on the road as we go 4-5.
joe kapp22
Legend

If this is the official make a prediction effort:

11-7, I do think we will have a slow start, but I also think Printers makes some positive things happen on the field.

Points for..396

Points allowed...328
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

11 wins, 7 losses........scoring 499 pts.
Lloyd
D
Team Captain

I have concerns about protecting our QB's so I am going to go with a conservative 9-9 .. with 448 points for

I hope the guy who says 18-0 wins :cr:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Whisperin' Jimmy wrote:
sj-roc wrote:
Hmmmm.... I thought the whole point of the rule change was to make a result more likely. Let us presume the percentage of missed 2-point conversions is 50% (a figure which I just this very moment made up). The percentage of missed converts is, conservatively, 0%. So it seems to me this has to make an even exchange less likely.
I could be wrong, but I look at it this way: suppose we play a betting game whereby I flip a coin twice. If if comes up the same way both times, I win, and if it comes up different each time, you win. Who has the better chance of winning?

I'm not sure if it matters that the percentage of missed 2pters is higher than for 1, because on average it's the same for both teams. I'm going to think about this some more and post again; you may be right. If the mods want to split this off not to distract from the predictions, that's fine by me.

At any rate, the compulsory 2pt attempt seems to me more for increasing the entertainment value, which are more interesting to watch in itself than the 1pt version.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

9-9, 479 PF

Playoffs are a repeat of last season.

Don't confuse that with any sort of cynicism over lack of progress versus last season, however.
Zarquon
Champion

9-9
485 PF
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
ynot
prospect

10-8 493 pts......starting slow and getting better for the playoffs as the OL gels :cr: