"Y'know" - Coach Buono

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dpoe
Starter

Counted the number of times Wally said "y'know..." In the post game interview on TEAM 1040 tonight... Would you believe 52?? Just thought I'd mention it.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Did you count the number of times he said "As I said...." or "Once again"
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Interjection, I think it's called. When one is searching for the proper words.

Here, he can't exactly tell the fans (his employers? LOL) to chill the F out, that he hasn't gone senile.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Well maybe after this week he can a bit less pressure. I am sure that might have added to that.

He also can't be happy with the way he's been trashed in the media lately but his team got a nice win tonight.

I 'd like to know how Wally knows what the fans are saying if he doesn't read that part of the paper!!! All those guys who say they don't read are mostly full of it.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:Well maybe after this week he can a bit less pressure. I am sure that might have added to that.

He also can't be happy with the way he's been trashed in the media lately but his team got a nice win tonight.

I 'd like to know how Wally knows what the fans are saying if he doesn't read that part of the paper!!! All those guys who say they don't read are mostly full of it.
Seems to me he can thank most of the Lion's loyal and concerned of fans for having lit a collective fire under his arrogant, complacent butt, and started listening to what we have been saying for years about Javiar Glatt playing on the outside rather than in the middle. :bang: :clown: :bang:

You can be sure that media just saw what we had to say, as a political football and ran with it so to speak.

Notice how well Javy responded to being shook up and demoted, by responding with a whale of a game at the WILL position, and was instrumental in a critical turnover spelling off Jojuan at his old starting spot as a bonus.

Who says the armchair critics don't have something to contribute to this team. It's called tough love, careful and reflective analysis, something you'll never get from Rod Black and Glen Suitor and their bland nauseating lip service. :puke:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Toppy Vann wrote:I 'd like to know how Wally knows what the fans are saying if he doesn't read that part of the paper!!! All those guys who say they don't read are mostly full of it.
News media (print/radio/TV) is everywhere. The coaching staff cannot get away from it, no matter how hard they try: simple every day errands such as going to the grocery store/gas station, they probably even hear it secondhand when talking to their family members.

Do they go looking for it? No. And it's not as though they're completely locked away, monastic-style, in the Surrey headquarters either.

And to publicly admit that they hear the boobirds and catcalls? Ever hear of the saying "Give an inch and they take a foot"?
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

PigSkin_53 wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:Well maybe after this week he can a bit less pressure. I am sure that might have added to that.

Seems to me he can thank most of the Lion's loyal and concerned of fans for having lit a collective fire under his arrogant, complacent butt, and started listening to what we have been saying for years about Javiar Glatt playing on the outside rather than in the middle. :bang: :clown: :bang:
Being arrogant and complacent won't help you to become the 2nd winningest coach in CFL history.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Hawkballer 14 wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:I 'd like to know how Wally knows what the fans are saying if he doesn't read that part of the paper!!! All those guys who say they don't read are mostly full of it.
And to publicly admit that they hear the boobirds and catcalls? Ever hear of the saying "Give an inch and they take a foot"?
“boobirds and catcalls”… is that all the respect you have for those who have bled orange & black long ages ago before Wally Buono came along?

Those of us, who realize the capabilities of some of the most valuable players on this team and how they have been overlooked, ignored and misused.

You speak like someone who is employed to crawl the web monitoring and gauging the public sentiment, and the mood of the fans as it's public relations mole, (Wally has been quoted as saying "the fans doesn't bother me"... "The media doesn't bother me).

You certainly sound like someone who espouses the team line, and relates sympathetically to any criticisms waged against the Buono regime.

Tons of relatives and family members have tried to infiltrate here, but always been unsuccessfully and have always been exposed as frauds.

I hope I am wrong about you Hawkballer 14, but I think not.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Hawkballer 14
Champion

PigSkin_53 wrote:“boobirds and catcalls”… is that all the respect you have for those who have bled orange & black long ages ago before Wally Buono came along?
:bang: :bang: :bang:

Is that the rallying call of the Lionbackers posters? "Agree with us old guys, or else."

Because I believe that WB has a plan/knows what he's doing, I'm suddenly related to one of the coaches or employed by the Lions? Are you serious? Is that the best you can do? Because I preach patience rather than making change for the sake of change? Please.

:bang: :bang: :bang:
hwgill
Legend

Change for the sake of change? What team have you been watching? A shakeup is exactly what this team needed, and considering that the calls made by some of the posters here is what Buono did, he seems to be realizing that there are others out there who are just as good as he is when it comes to evaluating the talent on his team, and yeah, sometimes you're to close to the situation to see the problem, and you need someone from outside to see clearly what needs to be done.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Hawkballer 14
Champion

hwgill wrote:Change for the sake of change? What team have you been watching? A shakeup is exactly what this team needed, and considering that the calls made by some of the posters here is what Buono did, he seems to be realizing that there are others out there who are just as good as he is when it comes to evaluating the talent on his team, and yeah, sometimes you're to close to the situation to see the problem, and you need someone from outside to see clearly what needs to be done.
How many guys left the Lions organization in the off-season? How many guys on the roster received expanded roles/responsibilities?

And a mere five weeks into the season, you'd bring even more change to the roster?
hwgill
Legend

You're right, there have been a lot of changes in the off-season, but those changes didn't make this team better. Replacing Javy with Armour HAS made the team better. Watching Armour last night, the stops he made would never have been made by Glatt, and that made a huge difference in how the D as a whole played.

Offense still has problems, specifically the left side of the O-line needs help.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Hawkballer 14
Champion

hwgill wrote:You're right, there have been a lot of changes in the off-season, but those changes didn't make this team better.
A lttle premature to say that, innit?

The O-line sounded pretty good last night (blackouts suck, FTR), apparently this past week of practice helped. Time = Continuity = Success.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

hwgill wrote:Replacing Javy with Armour HAS made the team better. Watching Armour last night, the stops he made would never have been made by Glatt, and that made a huge difference in how the D as a whole played.
For the record, Armour officially had 2 stops last night, both on Wes Cates. The first came after a 14-yard gain and the second was for a 2-yard loss.

In Glatt's start against Saskatchewan in Game 1, he had 7 tackles, including one for a 4-yard loss, and an interception and fumble recovery, and the Riders had fewer team rushing yards than in last night's game.

There's no question that Armour brought energy and depth to the defence, but he's not fully up to game speed yet.
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
hwgill wrote:Replacing Javy with Armour HAS made the team better. Watching Armour last night, the stops he made would never have been made by Glatt, and that made a huge difference in how the D as a whole played.
For the record, Armour officially had 2 stops last night, both on Wes Cates. The first came after a 14-yard gain and the second was for a 2-yard loss.

In Glatt's start against Saskatchewan in Game 1, he had 7 tackles, including one for a 4-yard loss, and an interception and fumble recovery, and the Riders had fewer team rushing yards than in last night's game.

There's no question that Armour brought energy and depth to the defence, but he's not fully up to game speed yet.
Well no doubt about him not being up to game speed, he was suffering from cramps at the start of the fourth.
Entertainment value = an all time low