Thumbs up to Brooke Ward at CKNW

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Jim Mullin
Team Captain

No worries, I was just giving you the Coles notes version of my pxp.

Personally, I don't think the rights are ever coming back to NW in the foreseeable future, but I'm very happy doing Canada west on Shaw for the next three seasons.

The Canadian university game is one of the most under promoted sports in BC. It's too bad people are missing out.

STATIONS:

TEAM 1260 - Edmonton
FAN 960 - Calgary
TEAM 1200 - Ottawa
TEAM 990 - Montreal

---------------------------------
Belize City Lion wrote:
Jim Mullin wrote: FYI:

- I've done nealy 600 games in Hockey, Basketball, Football, etc. I'll be doing the BC/Alberta games for Canada West coverage on Shaw this year.

- CFL markets with all-sports radio: Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal. Hamilton is serviced by the FAN 590. Ottawa has one too for that matter.
I did not know that Calgary, Edmonton, and Montreal have all sports radio... I thought all sports radio other in markets other than Vancouver, Ottawa, and Toronto all went bye-bye a few years ago. What are the call signs for those other stations? I'd like to check them out.

Also, just to be clear Jim, I'm not suggesting you wouldn't be up to doing pxp for the Lions if they did return to CKNW, it's just that I can't say I've ever personally heard you call a game. Just as few years back I would have expressed the same concern that losing JP would have been a step back for the Lions, but Ball has proven me wrong about that.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Ok, uncle, I know when I'm whipped. :wink:

Moj was great today. The emails from Canucks fans telling team1040 to quit the Ackles stuff, well....they speak for themselves.

Over to you, Soundy.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Those emails were disgusting. I wanted to call in and go off on those disrespectful clowns but all the lines were busy and I tried 3 different times. It's bad enough to think something like that, but to actually type them and email them?! Horrible. :no:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Those emails were disgusting. I wanted to call in and go off on those disrespectful clowns but all the lines were busy and I tried 3 different times. It's bad enough to think something like that, but to actually type them and email them?! Horrible. :no:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smphantom
Legend

Solar Max wrote: One thing....you used to replay the game at midnight game nights, and I used to stand on the deck of a BC Ferry, watch the lights of the Gulf Islands and the Milky Way in a pure black sky listening to the game just played on the way home to the Island afterward. It was a great way to wind up the day trip to Vancouver, and I really miss it. Is it gone forever?
Yeah, what happened there? I also enjoyed listening to the replays. :sigh:
Stay thirsty my friends.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Jim Mullin wrote:I've done nealy 600 games in Hockey, Basketball, Football, etc. I'll be doing the BC/Alberta games for Canada West coverage on Shaw this year.
For those who haven't heard Jim call a game, I can attest that he's one of the best, if not the best that I've heard. I haven't heard much of Rick Ball, because I'm always either at a Lions game or watching on TV, but Jim would be at the top of my wish list if the Lions PBP job ever came open. I know it would likely require him to change stations, but he would be good for that station.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:As for calling, please do not take offence, but I use a cellphone, and minutes during primetime daylight hours are expensive, especially after a half hour or so on hold.
Hmmm, aren't calls to *TEAM airtime-free?
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Those emails were disgusting. I wanted to call in and go off on those disrespectful clowns but all the lines were busy and I tried 3 different times. It's bad enough to think something like that, but to actually type them and email them?! Horrible. :no:
I dunno, the clowns usually expose themselves as such... I did manage to get through (that was me with the bit on the British Open being played "in a hurricane"), and as I said then, I really got a kick out of bozos dissing the Ackles coverage in general, and the CFL in general, in favor of the NFL... apparently not realizing the impact Bob had on the NFL as well.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.