Murphy, Anderson, Hameister-Reis to miss camp

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

According to Lowell Ullrich, a slimmed-down Rob Murphy is remaining in Florida with his wife to await the expected birth of triplets in two weeks, so he will be placed on the suspended list to keep the training camp roster at the 75-player limit. Bret Anderson will also report at the end of camp, as in the past, and Jon Hameister-Reis has been placed on the retired list for now. He tore up his knee playing basketball and won't be available until at least August.
Full article
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good to hear that season tickets sales are up to 24,000 and counting..
Tighthead
Legend

Missing camp won't help JHR's development at all.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Tighthead wrote:Missing camp won't help JHR's development at all.
Was thinking that. And also that LU mentioned Anderson not attending camp this year. :lol:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
Tighthead wrote:Missing camp won't help JHR's development at all.
Was thinking that. And also that LU mentioned Anderson not attending camp this year. :lol:
It was the same as last year. Difficult to get time off from the Fire Department to attend camp.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Disappointing news about JHR. I wonder how effective he'll be even when he gets back. Knee injuries are a horrible thing as an athlete.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Congrats on the Triplets Murph56
2012 Season Ticket Holder
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I always knew Rob Murphy was smart, but planning his children's birth and therefore the conception so as to miss TC, now that is football savvy. Talk about a game plan! :beauty:
ziggy
Legend

DanoT wrote:I always knew Rob Murphy was smart, but planning his children's birth and therefore the conception so as to miss TC, now that is football savvy. Talk about a game plan! :beauty:
I don't know, being at home with triplets may want to make him long for training camp. :beer: