Shedding light on the Blackouts

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BggDdyCool
prospect

Football has always been a family thing form me. My dad and I went to games when we could, blackouts played no part in the decision to go to the game. I have always been a Lions fan and my family have season ticket holders for 10 years. I want to have the same experience with my two kids (ages 5 and 7). I'm sure I'm not saying anything new, but to make it to a game mid-week we have to leave home in Abby by 4:00 (I work until 5:00) and we don't get home until after midnight. It's just too late for kids. The people that sit around us drink beer two fisted, make constant trips to buy more, talk about anything but football, and by the third quarter are making plans on where to go drinking after the game. (I know that we would buy pay per views if they were available.) I know the answer, I hear it all the time, too bad. Well, the Bruins season tickets are available, and I can watch the Seahawks on tv . Too bad for me.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

BggDddyCool, I know exactly what you mean. I love going to the games too, but between working all over the place and having to go directly downtown for weekday games (and either pay a fortune for parking, or parking a half-hour's walk away) after a long work day, and the long trip in from Pitt Meadows for the weekend games, it can become a major undertaking to get down to the dome. I still do it, because I love it, but yeah, it's not always the easiest thing for anyone who lives across a river and doesn't have ready access to transit.

So far this year, I've only missed three home games - two because of other commitments (which is fine, those were my choice), but once because I was sick, and I was really annoyed I couldn't just sit at home and watch the game.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

My GF who lives in Victoria, reports that the game was blacked out in Victoria on TSN HD but not blacked out on regular TSN TV. Typical CFL SNAFU.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:My GF who lives in Victoria, reports that the game was blacked out in Victoria on TSN HD but not blacked out on regular TSN TV. Typical CFL SNAFU.
Same here in Drunken Duncan, or drunkin dunkin, whichever.