Armitage is BRUTAL!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

bbang
Starter

Not only does our offence suck, but so does the game commentators. Back to back games today and we get Rod Black and then Armitage. Brutal! Can someone please get Don Whitman Back.
"My job is to kick your ass " - Wally Buono
Smooth
All Star

haha ... yah it's awful ... they keep getting confused, forgetting what they were saying, giving people the wrong names, certain plays aren't having replays shown... its brutal.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Jeez I just posted on the game thread kudos to the broadcasters. I see absolutely nothing wrong with their performance today - nada, not a thing. Then again, I don't need them to tell me what is going on but what they are noting is spot on.

They've talked up BC, the coaches media conference, spotted specific Lion players doing brilliant things, what else do you want.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Kudos to Armitage for noting the Pierce family reunion in Crescent City today - 15 family members apparently. Nice touch. BC gets the ball, Pierce returned to dressing room due to turf toe according to CBC.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
MacNews
Team Captain

The sound is off..the commentators keep calling the wrong names and Jones informs us the Copeland "knows how to catch the ball". :roll:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

My personal favourite tonight, from Armitage: "Burris nearly threw an interception...he usually makes the most of those opportunities...." :lol:

James
:lol: That's probably the most astute observation Armitage has made this season.
lion24
Legend

It almost made me cringe when he said the Lions are going to 5-0 and there was 2:30 left in the game :thdn:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Lion King
Rookie

i thought that it was no worse then usual.

I like Jones for the fact that he does not talk over the refs calls. He is improved from where he was last year. So things look up.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Yes Khari was the bright spot on the call tonight. However, I'm with the others (Sorry TV) I thought Armitage was horrendous.

But I do have to quantify that by saying Armitage was head and shoulders above Rod Black.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I wonder if Armitage talk to his wife in those tones ? I turned down the volume and listen to it on Team 1040
Luke
All Star

TheLionKing wrote:I wonder if Armitage talk to his wife in those tones ? I turned down the volume and listen to it on Team 1040
Same here. I thought Armitage was brutal, and I ordinarily don't expect a lot from broadcasters, but he irritated me in today's game.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I'm just watching the game for the second time, with Armitage and Jones; I had team1040 on for the first go-round.

Jones is even worse than Armitage, if that's possible.

Mark Lee must be scouting NFL cuts or something.
bclion99

You guys are nuts.
I listened carefull to Jones because I noticed right away that he was nervous when he paused a few times when introducing the game notes.
From then on in, he stumbled a bit, but overall was a breath of fresh air with his comments and analysis.
What do you want? He's a QB, for crying out loud. Jones will be pretty damn good one day, and he's a hell of lot better than McManus.
As for Armitage, nothing wrong with his low-key, matter-of-fact delivery. And he and Jones mesh quite well.
Ball and Caravata are good, but Ball gets a little too homerish.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

You didn't have a problem with Armitage calling Mitchell "Knowlton", not knowing down and distance, or things of that nature?

As for Ball and Caravatta, I think Guilio is the more homerish of the two, but that's subjective.