Keeping Things in Perspective

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

We've talked about this before, but it is so true and will always hold for the law of youth and new experience.

Buck is seeing the play in front of him develop so fast he is requiring himself to over react to it temporally, and as we all know but have never experienced, that with time and repetition he in his youthful prime will begin to learn, by degrees to slow down the way he processes what develops in front of his vision and to take the cues that will help him to check off, whether to pull it down and draw or have the time to see that LION82 is double covered underneath, and afford himself that nanosecond to take in the vision of a streaking Geroy Simon alone, and uncovered waiting to get a first touchdown, which this season seems never to come.

Well it will come and when it does we will have molted our last seasons image, and find out more about the new animal ready to emerge beneath.

It will happen along with the patience necessary to consummate the whole event horizon.

He's going to be a great Quarterback!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

For sure, Buck will bounce back from being banged up. The question is the extent of current injuries. Not sure if he could have avoided Nautyn Mckay-Loescher's knee to the ribs though as that guy didn't try to avoid the collision.

What does occur in the pro game vs possibly college is that when you are hurt, you are done for the game. You don't go back in the pros when you get banged up. That is, if the coaches see you go down and that you are hurt. Not saying Buck should be faking when he's hurt but this year will need to avoid situations where they can get hits on him. The Hamilton one is not in that category.

Buck needs to be his old self with respect to reads and getting the ball out faster as proven in the Hamilton game. He needs too to get back some of the former zip he had on the ball!!! Yes, when he started with BC he tossed some too hard, but not tossing DD ducks is what he has to be wary of - not that the two INTs came from that - they did not. Blitz and others note that some of this has come from the 6 receiver set that was overused and not adjusted to keep some protection back but that is all on another thread. That's less QBing than coaching and play calling and hopefully the OCs learned from that.

I can't put my finger on it but this year both DD and BP haven't seemed to be their old selves. For the life of me, it has confused me as in his first two seasons here, Buck's play when called upon was far in excess of where he should have been playing based on limited experience.

I really think the Lions blew it in pre-season and expected Buck to be game ready with very little game action as the Lion share went to Jarius Jackson. That was a poor move on the team's part based on the Lions contract with Buck signed apparently during last year's GC week. It leaves me scratching my head for sure and asking what were these coaches thinking or were they thinking?

I heard Wally Buono on radio refer to Buck's limited playing time this year!! Go figure. I am not trying to find excuses but when you don't get prep time in games, it's not surprising that you are not as sharp. Were the Lions expecting what they got in those first years from Buck when he was no. 4? I dunno. But he will excell when he gets to play - that is a given.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Buck is definitely the future leader of the Lions. I wish he would do the smart thing and hook slide rather than getting injured trying for the extra yards. We could ill afford to him banged up.