Good ole Days

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

midwestlion
Starter

I guess these days of the offense is over :bawl:

Blitz
Team Captain

I guess these days of the offense is over
If you're his agent....sadly yes!!! :bawl:

I thought Kendrick had a lot of potential but right now there is nothing that can be done about it. The decision has been made for the immediate future. It looks like no CFL team has picked up Kendrick so far!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
midwestlion
Starter

f you're his agent....sadly yes!!!

I thought Kendrick had a lot of potential but right now there is nothing that can be done about it. The decision has been made for the immediate future. It looks like no CFL team has picked up Kendrick so far!
Team Captain

midwestlion wrote:
f you're his agent....sadly yes!!!

Lions will alter their game plan as they go if it isn't working. As for the deep ball, the theory is that our current game is more apt to go vertical. One thing to remember, out of the 4 games, two have been against the top three D's in the league.
Entertainment value = an all time low
midwestlion
Starter

two have been against the top three D's in the league.
Seems like TiCatas def is pretty good as well. Sask too. The rest ..... nah. Maybe on paper. I know Joe Smith is happy. Good for him. Id hate to takle him.
lion24
Legend

I was looking in the paper today at the points for and against and i know the saying "stats are for losers" but the Lions have the most points for and least against. I do realize that many of the points are a direct result of the defence but it goes to show that all the teams are struggling a bit on defence. However, with the talent on offence there still should be no reason for more sustained drives and touchdowns :? :?
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

midwestlion wrote:I guess these days of the offense is over :bawl:

Funny thing. That catch by Kendrick Jones is as good as it gets. I think it compares very favourably to the Paris Jackson catch this season.

I doubt Geroy is to be traded. Wally is a cold, calculating guy but not that dumb to part with a guy who sells tickets like Geroy does.

With any football player here is the reality. You get the big pay cheque and at the same time there is a huge target attached to your back that only the GM/HC can see and possibly some other team's GM who covets your asset. Meaning. At some point in time the big money gets in the way of the team improving elsewhere or they want to save salary in this spot and move it elsewhere. That is part of the dynamic of pro football/sport but is it time for Geroy to move? I wouldn't think so. Also in a league the size of the CFL, it is hard to move a player and get value in return.

To me Geroy Simon's value is that he is one of the key faces of this franchise with the sports fan and the media. He is to the BC Lions what Trevor Linden is to the Canucks and what Milt Stegall is to the Bombers. I hope Wally the GM sees this and never moves this guy until his career is done. Geroy sells tickets. Tickets bring revenues. I'd keep him forever.

I see Geroy as a core team guy and leader who is invaluable to the team and their success.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
midwestlion
Starter

Respectable post Toppy :helmet:

You are only as good as your last play in football though.
Last edited by midwestlion on Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
midwestlion
Starter

Wally is a cold, calculating guy but not that dumb to part with a guy who sells tickets like Geroy does.
I also find hard to believe Clermont would not sell as many tickets especially with his current pace. Paris Jack would/ is selling ttoo. Canadians doing well in CFL always is better. You got a point but it is definitely not black and white here.
Rammer
Team Captain

midwestlion wrote:
Wally is a cold, calculating guy but not that dumb to part with a guy who sells tickets like Geroy does.
I also find hard to believe Clermont would not sell as many tickets especially with his current pace. Paris Jack would/ is selling ttoo. Canadians doing well in CFL always is better. You got a point but it is definitely not black and white here.
That is why Lion fans want to see Clermont succeed, NI's are popular when they are star players, just ask Sean Millington or Lui Passaglia. They give a sense of community pride, especially the home town boys like Milly and Lui, Clermont's success here with the fans comes as a modest surprise.

In the end, Geroy will find the ball thrown his way and his community work is second to none. That type of player isn't something that you want to come back and bite you with another team.
Entertainment value = an all time low
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Can't believe all this talk of Geroy being traded. Surely Wally must know how dumb that idea is.

Anyways, in response to the actual thread, that catch was indeed amazing! I remember seeing it the first time and just jumping off the couch! I really hope that we start to go deep again this season.