Not making it in to work tomorrow ....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

I feel really sick to my stomach after this game. Don't think I can make it to work tomorrow.

Am I alone in this?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
tedbear
Starter

That was probably one of the worst games I can remember. No intensity by the team or the fans. Just a terrible atmosphere and one of our worst offensive outputs that I can remember. Bad decisions by the quarterbacks. The only positive was the defence and that we got the two points. But it was ugly!
Noodles
Rookie

i think everyone associated with the lions in one way or another underestimated the ticats. it's hard for the fans to get excited for a tabby game these days, and we all know how the lions underestimated the ticats tonight.
George Black in response to canned noise at BC Place: wrote: As I’m sure you understand, we cannot penalize a rumour.
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

That game felt like watching a funeral, the whole injury at the end, being the icing. One of the least fun to watch or compelling home Lions wins I've surely seen. I'm someone who doesn't usually care about making a lot of noise as it is, but at this game, I really didn't feel like making any noise at all. And Geroy not getting the ball, it just really sucks for him, most of all. Not necessarily for us, but for him, because he doesn't deserve that treatment. Who is running this offense anyways?
Rammer
Team Captain

ThreeTimesOneMinusOne wrote:That game felt like watching a funeral, the whole injury at the end, being the icing. One of the least fun to watch or compelling home Lions wins I've surely seen. I'm someone who doesn't usually care about making a lot of noise as it is, but at this game, I really didn't feel like making any noise at all. And Geroy not getting the ball, it just really sucks for him, most of all. Not necessarily for us, but for him, because he doesn't deserve that treatment. Who is running this offense anyways?
The QB's have to focus on him more according to the post game show. They squarely placed the blame on the QB, as Geroy has been open and it is up to them to make the reads. On the other hand when they do seem to go to Geroy, he hasn't done what we are use to seeing him do. But if you remember, both Edmonton and Saskatchewan took away plays from him with PI's that would have added to his totals, and perhaps his TD count.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:I feel really sick to my stomach after this game. Don't think I can make it to work tomorrow.

Am I alone in this?
The sun came up this morning. I am questioning our OC situation and vanilla offence, but I trust in Wally. He is a stubborn guy, but when he sees a problem ( Sam Young, Antonio Warren etc) he is quick to fix it.

The offence will get going soon, or it ( the players and coaches) willfeel Wally's wrath soon.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The only fear I have with respect to QBs are their health! Things do happen in football and thus you need the 3 good ones to win.

The only other fear for this team and their offence I have is with their synergy and togetherness given the struggles this year to spread the ball around and have exciting offence with huge plays with lots of yardage after catches and TDs from great passes.

I have no idea of the thoughts of Lion receivers but there is a danger in a team that is used to big play receivers that problems crop up as guys get frustrated with the lack of footballs coming their way. I am not suggesting this is taking place or that the Lions have this type of player who is demanding of the ball and will say so in the locker room to whoever is at QB.

This year the offence for BC got off to the wrong beat when the OC committee was raised by the starter following a personal performance in which he struggled. This offence still is a work in progress but has the talent there to excel.

What I'd like to see from the O coaching staff is the ability to work with the QBs and keep them poised and confident and giving them plays they can be successful with and ensure that they feel that they have the coaches confidence. Buck's first two years were years where they showed confidence in him and the game plans showed that. Last night that run on 1 and 15 seemed tactically dumb and deflated both the entire offence and the fans. Brutal call - sure it can be defended from a football perspective but it lowered the confidence quotient for their offence - nothing is worse than that.

Now I gotta get back to work!!!
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

I'm with you all too. It was not a very entertaining game at all. Lumsden looked like a super star with the missed tackles by our D but I saw his potential. He is quick running through the gaps for a big guy. Our "superior" O line did very little yesterday and I'm getting concerned about Jiminez's play of late. McKay-Loescher beat his guy consistently all night.... no wonder Buck looked a little gun shy after the first series.

I stayed up to listen to the post game show and am paying the price! Can barely keep my eyes open! They better get their *poop* together for the Stumps. :sigh: