Please tell people to be quiet on Lions Offense...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

GeroySimonFAN
All Star

why do people continue to make noise when our lions are on offense?...

and also was this the first game they let that crazy p character onto the field area to bang his stupid drum?...
Last edited by GeroySimonFAN on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFITQ
Team Captain

It didn't matter. The fans were never into this game right from the get go. I've heard louder fans at a tennis match. If that was too much noise, then the Lions are in real trouble. Even TSN remarked that usually a crowd of that size is much more noisier.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

yeah i guess you are right...because if its too loud in the past i have seen the lions players on the field motion to tone it down...
Noodles
Rookie

probably new fans.
George Black in response to canned noise at BC Place: wrote: As I’m sure you understand, we cannot penalize a rumour.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Forget it you guys-fighting Stupid Fan Syndrome is a lost cause. There will always be someone doing the wave on offence, and doing a Lions cheer on offence. Always. Don't fight it. It's easier on the blood pressure that way.
Real women wear orange!!
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

It irritates me to no end when people are constantly trying to start a wave on offence or chanting "Let's Go Li-ons!" on offence. Do these people not understand the way football works? This is something that has always bothered me about Lions fans, and people wonder why I yell at them to shut up if I see them doing stuff like this around me.

The game as a whole tonight was just very hard to get into. Not much happened, our offence was sputtering on almost every single "drive" and there were so many stops and starts and delays. Just really hard to get any kind of sustained emotion in that building tonight.

Crazy P has been doing games for quite a while now. Tonight was far from his first time out there.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I thought our section in the end zone was loud as usual. Three young guys in dyed orange hair just behind me helped by chanting and razzing the Cats all game. One of them also caught the Tony Simmons TD ball. I called for it and Simmons looked right at me when he threw it but it was just out of my reach.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

GeroySimonFAN wrote:why do people continue to make noise when our lions are on offense?...

You heard noise? I didn't, and it sure didn't make any difference last night.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Good point.

I had a tough time following the game from the end of the 1st Q til towards the end of the third when the idiot in front of us with the straw hat with the price tag still on it left the stadium. He arrives late and leaves very early!!! That's the good news!!!

Nicely decked up in Lions gear this dork also had a bag of orange balloons that if they were condoms would lead to some major surprises as they were popping and making this middle aged dork jump. If it wasn't the straw thingies flapping in our eyesite it was him jumping up and exhorting the fans to stand up along with with his arm flying. He was there the last game before too but wasn't like that. I'm praying that he doesn't own season tickets there as I lost all track of the game with his stupidity.

Oh, he paid $3.50 for the straw hat - not sure about the balloons he kept blowing up and launching behind him from the first row in S.4. I used to love that section for games!!!!

Last night was less noisy on O than most nights.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy