Hows the Blitz?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Wed. is my busiest so I don't usually get to tear into the Blitz until late. I've got my copy squirrelled away. Big photo of Murphy roughhousing with Kato. Looking forward to 'reading the blitz' later.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Excellent read as usual but only 16 instead of the usual 20. :?
Blitz
Team Captain

Since they named it right :wink: I never miss it!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
pinkfreud

I never miss the Blitz either.
mightybuck
Legend

What is the Blitz??
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
prairielion
Starter

mightybuck wrote:What is the Blitz??
Yeah, sounds interesting.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

You pulling our leg here, right? If not the Blitz is a newspaper pull-out section that gets published the Wed before every home Lions game. Relatively new feature (a season or two) for what used to be a rather under-serviced part of Vancouver's pro-sports coverage.

Here is my attempt at posting the link to the Province newspapers BLITZ:

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/secti ... tion=Blitz
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

This is a Wednesday feature in The Province named Blitz for Lionbacker's prolific performer, Blitz!

Today it is a 16 page stand alone section of the paper with the front page showing Rob Murphy with his left arm around the Equipment Manager's neck (Kato kasuya) witht the caption reading:

'Dirtiest player in the CFL' takes on equipment manager. What makes this man tick? MURPHY TACKLES KATO! There is a Q and A with Rob Murphy and a photo. One question went like this:
"You have been labelled many things, including one of two dirtiest in the CFL and most disgraced. What's the next worst thing you've ever been called? Ans: Disgraced was probably was the worst. Adam Braidwood said after a touchdown, when I pinned him down, "have some class about yourself. You're not a very classy guy."

Somehow I think he revels in this stuff and the media are eating this stuff up since the Esks started this dirty talk.

They cover the WDF in 1994 with the comeback over Calgary. It is the second best play in Lion history but for me that series still brings tingles to my spine. I heard Rick Ball play this for the Sportsnet guy today, Brad Fay. He also had Danny McManus on who apparently howled on the call with former Esks LB Dan Kepley saying the final play would be to Darren Flutie or maybe Danny Mc would run a draw. I know when I hear him say that suggestion it still makes me want to yell at my TV - NO, not a run by Danny Mc even if only 4 yards.!!! Apparently Danny Mc agrees...lol.

Another is a story by Lowell Ulrich comparing how CFL QBs deal with being replaced concluding with the Lions QBs with compliments to Buck and the Lions.

There is a feature story comparing the 1985 Grey Cup Lions by player/position with the 2006 GC team along with an update of some of the 1985 Lions.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
LFITQ
Team Captain

I wonder if Murphy was giving pointers to Kato incase he has to get into it with Geroge Hopkins NEXT week in Calgary. 8) 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:I wonder if Murphy was giving pointers to Kato incase he has to get into it with Geroge Hopkins NEXT week in Calgary. 8) 8)
Kato reads lionbackers, so we know he will be well prepared at the very least.

Kato, I got 2 to 1 on ya, don't let us down.
mightybuck
Legend

mightybuck wrote:
What is the Blitz??

You pulling our leg here, right?
The paper boy doesnt come all the way to Crescent City :lol:
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Very good article on Rob Murphy.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

mightybuck wrote:
mightybuck wrote:
What is the Blitz??

You pulling our leg here, right?
The paper boy doesnt come all the way to Crescent City :lol:
Sorry I just thought you'd heard us all yakkiing about it before. If Buck gets a run at starter I'm sure they'll be doing a big story on him in an upcoming edition of the Blitz.