Davis gone in Winnipeg, Sam Young picked up

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

WINNIPEG (CFL.ca wire) -- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announced on Sunday that the club has released non-import receiver Blair Atkinson, import defensive tackle Nate Davis and import defensive back Gabriel Fulbright.

Davis was a highly-touted free agent signing this past winter after being released by the Saskatchewan Roughriders. The Indiana product has 165 tackles and 32 sacks in seven-plus seasons in the CFL.

The Blue Bombers also announced that former Saskatchewan Roughriders non-import linebacker/long-snapper Mike Mahoney and former Hamilton Tiger-Cats import defensive back Sam Young are expected to begin practicing with the club on Monday.
Could it be that Nasty Nate's days are done?

And Sam Young lands on his feet once more, as a Bomber. Interesting given his departures from BC, and then the TiCats.
Rammer
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote:
WINNIPEG (CFL.ca wire) -- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announced on Sunday that the club has released non-import receiver Blair Atkinson, import defensive tackle Nate Davis and import defensive back Gabriel Fulbright.

Davis was a highly-touted free agent signing this past winter after being released by the Saskatchewan Roughriders. The Indiana product has 165 tackles and 32 sacks in seven-plus seasons in the CFL.

The Blue Bombers also announced that former Saskatchewan Roughriders non-import linebacker/long-snapper Mike Mahoney and former Hamilton Tiger-Cats import defensive back Sam Young are expected to begin practicing with the club on Monday.

And Sam Young lands on his feet once more, as a Bomber. Interesting given his departures from BC, and then the TiCats.
Bombers are desperate and would have liked to have SY jump on board against the Eskimos, they were thin. This shouldn't be a surprise but not a bad pickup if he shows up and is happy with his new contract.
Entertainment value = an all time low
maddeep73
Champion

I was just wondering about Young. Talk about a drop off. To go from up and coming star, to surprise camp cut, to starter on a crap team to off the map?? Here's hoping he can turn it around in the Peg.

Shows proof that Wally must have seen and heard things he didn't like about Young.
Keepin' it real
Ravi
Legend

Rammer wrote:
Solar Max wrote:

Bombers are desperate and would have liked to have SY jump on board against the Eskimos, they were thin. This shouldn't be a surprise but not a bad pickup if he shows up and is happy with his new contract.
After the stunt that Young pulled in Hamilton, he is lucky that anyone else in this league is giving him a shot.
Tighthead
Legend

When Young balked at the Ticats, I figured another team had quietly expressed interest, and he wanted to avoid a disaster team at all costs. It may not be that honourable, but I can't say that I blame him.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

maddeep73 wrote:I was just wondering about Young. Talk about a drop off. To go from up and coming star, to surprise camp cut, to starter on a crap team to off the map?? Here's hoping he can turn it around in the Peg.

Shows proof that Wally must have seen and heard things he didn't like about Young.
Like Frank Cutolo ( :oops: spelling). He just seemed like a guy who'd be a CFL'er for years and now???
maddeep73
Champion

Like Frank Cutolo ( spelling). He just seemed like a guy who'd be a CFL'er for years and now???

Good call. I've come to trust Wally to cut a guy before he falls off. See Cutolo, Young, Carter and Frankie whatshisname from last year.
Keepin' it real
maddeep73
Champion

Frankie whatshisname from last year.
Ferrara. (sp)
Keepin' it real
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Solar Max wrote:

After the stunt that Young pulled in Hamilton, he is lucky that anyone else in this league is giving him a shot.
Agreed.......I'm surprised that Taman would talk to the guy/agent......just goes to show how desperate things are in Winnipeg.
Lloyd
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Agreed.......I'm surprised that Taman would talk to the guy/agent......just goes to show how desperate things are in Winnipeg.
Taman will talk to anyone...... :yes:
Rammer
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
Ravi wrote:
Rammer wrote:
I think that you are missing Tightheads suspicions, if Young got interest from Winnipeg before he signed on with Hamilton, he may have well played up the extra contract expectations in order to get a job with the Bombers who will win more games than the Ti-Cats this season.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Shi Zi Mi wrote:
Ravi wrote:
I think that you are missing Tightheads suspicions, if Young got interest from Winnipeg before he signed on with Hamilton, he may have well played up the extra contract expectations in order to get a job with the Bombers who will win more games than the Ti-Cats this season.
:? ....but why would he sign with Hamilton in the first place, if he saw a better opportunity in Winnipeg? :?

You're not suggesting that Taman is guilty of tampering, are you? :wink:
Lloyd
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

The " better " opportunity in Winnipeg may only have come up after week 2. We lost 2 more starting DB's after the Edmonton game, for 2 - 3 weeks.

Bush was already playing with an injury.

So we were thin to say the least.