Buck Pierce

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

AZ

I'm customizing my Lions jerseys that I own, and buying a third. I've decided on Geroy for my away jersey, Glatt for my home jersey, but am undecided for my alt jersey.

I'm between Murphy, DD and Buck. I'm favouring Buck right now, but I want to know how likely it is for him to remain here a long time.

And also is there any foreseeable change to the Lions jerseys in the coming seasons? ala the complete makeover in 2005?
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Go with Glatt. he'll be here a VERY long time!
AZ

Isn't exactly what I'm asking.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Of the three you mentioned I think Pierce will be here the longest.
Rammer
Team Captain

AZ wrote:Isn't exactly what I'm asking.
After this season the picture on BP will be clearer, but probably just like mud, as for now, noway anyone can give you the answer you are seeking. His contract runs for three seasons (including the 07 season), but that doesn't mean that it will be with the Lions throughout. We all want to keep our stars, but something between the DD and BP has to give after this season, I suspect.
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

How long any player stays with any team is entirely up in the air. Especially a QB.

BP has signed a longer term, higher priced deal in the offseason, which makes you think he is the long term plan for the club.

But then DD signed for a longer term deal withe Lions as well. But he is older and injury prone (read: suspect).

Is BP signed because he might be more attractive as trade bait or is it the future now?

Murphy signed a 2+1 deal in the offseason but with the way the negotiations went, how much longer does he see himself playing? Could the end of his contract be the end of his career? What if he wins another Grey Cup this year, will he end it on top this year and call it quits before the end of his contract?

Personally of the 3 you have mentioned I personally believe Buck will be the Lions the longest. But that is pure guess and speculation on my part. I might have said the same thing a few years ago about Damon Allen and Khari Jones in Lions colours.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
notahomer
Hall of Famer

AZ wrote:I'm customizing my Lions jerseys that I own, and buying a third. I've decided on Geroy for my away jersey, Glatt for my home jersey, but am undecided for my alt jersey.

I'm between Murphy, DD and Buck. I'm favouring Buck right now, but I want to know how likely it is for him to remain here a long time.

And also is there any foreseeable change to the Lions jerseys in the coming seasons? ala the complete makeover in 2005?
UN-Forseeable changes occur so we get forced to buy new jerseys! You are a lot more committed than I am. I'm still working on my first but based on the #82 situation, I'm going with Buck Pierce for mine!
mightybuck
Legend

no brainer :bang: :bang: :bang: gotta go with Buck :rockin: :rockin:
No :? about it. More Buck jerseys in the crowd the better.

Then again I am just alittle bias :lol:
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
Tighthead
Legend

I am a big fan of going with retired players. As long as they don't pull an Orenthal, you should be safe.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I spread the wealth around. Clermont, Miles, B Johnson.

I had a PJack jersey, then my ex stole it from me. Stupid witch..........
Scottish Leos Fan
Starter

Out of the 3 your considering i would pick Buck, but i would get Paris Jackson, Ryan Phillips or Javier Glatt on mine
Lets Go Lions!
Arny
Champion

I'd put my own name on it. I know I'm never getting traded.