Post game interviews

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

kenny
Champion

I loved the post game comments of Rob Murphy and Gerory. There was no talk about just one game of a long season, or how they executed better than the Esks. They both said how the dominated Edmonton and the score was closer than the game actually was. Edmonton started the war of words but BC sure got the last word tonight….and they didn’t let Edmonton forget it either.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

:thup: :thup: Murphy's scratches on his face proves Edmonton players are not angels out there. Who is scratching who ?
Rammer
Team Captain

kenny wrote:I loved the post game comments of Rob Murphy and Gerory. There was no talk about just one game of a long season, or how they executed better than the Esks. They both said how the dominated Edmonton and the score was closer than the game actually was. Edmonton started the war of words but BC sure got the last word tonight….and they didn’t let Edmonton forget it either.
They said what needed to be said, and they should be ready for another war in round two, playing the green and squashed ones (ask Murphy about that squashed portion :lol:).

- Why was it so fun observing RR staring at the BC Place ceiling and even moreso when the play came back his way while the Lions celebrated by showing their leaping abilities after the whistle went?

- I sure wish that I could have heard the comments a Lions fan was passing along to Braidwood after the Murphy ejection as his own Coach wasn't letting him back on the field.

- Anyone else a tad concerned when Miles went down, maybe the only guy more nervous was Crawford as everyone in the house knew where the Eskimos were going on that play.

- Kudos to the Eskimo contingent that made the trip out and gave their players support right until the end, well even about 6 minutes past that point.

- Did anyone else hear Wally discussing Murphy's penalties like he was not concerned about what took place on the field?

- Barron Miles is the EF Hutton of the ST unit, when he talks on the sidelines the coaches listen.

- The RR of 06 returned, he couldn't finish off anything ( his wife must hate that).

- That war of words wasn't the best thing for the Eskimos to do to the Lions, in fact that was the best battle I have witnessed from a Lions perspective against an Eskimo team in years.

- Did I mention that RR isn't going to last all season if the Esks line lets that kind of beating happen on a game to game basis. Only two sacks registered, but how he continued in the game is amazing, he is even better than Cavillo at surviving the in your face hit.

- Is anyone else wanting Scott Schultz to bad mouth the Lions OT's performance this week?
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I can guarantee you that Scott Schultz will not be calling the offensive line "fat sassy pigs "
Balraj
All Star

Rob Murphy is crazy, love those comments. Just the type of attitude that's needed.
Rammer
Team Captain

Balraj wrote:Rob Murphy is crazy, love those comments. Just the type of attitude that's needed.
I think that he is ready for the Ultimate Fighting circuit, it would be nice to see a match with Braidwood, it may sell some tickets.... lol
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Rammer wrote: Anyone else a tad concerned when Miles went down, maybe the only guy more nervous was Crawford as everyone in the house knew where the Eskimos were going on that play.
Everyone except Crawford knew where the Esks were going on that play. I was extremely worried at the prospect of losing Miles, for all he brings on defence and special teams. That's one position where we don't have a competent backup. Frankly I'm shocked that Crawford would be put in the game ahead of Clovis. Glover made a tremendous play to save a touchdown with Crawford out of position.

Crawford looked passive and totally lost in preseason and has a long way to go to learn the game. With nine DBs on the roster, why does the most inexperienced one get thrown into one of the most crucial positions?
kenny
Champion

Balraj wrote:Rob Murphy is crazy, love those comments. Just the type of attitude that's needed.
I like how he took accountablity for his actions too...when he said let his teammates down. But IMHO he needed to send a message and with the result all but guaranteed in game 2 of an 18 game season he picked the right time.
CartWheelFan
All Star

B.C.FAN wrote:
Rammer wrote: Anyone else a tad concerned when Miles went down, maybe the only guy more nervous was Crawford as everyone in the house knew where the Eskimos were going on that play.
Everyone except Crawford knew where the Esks were going on that play. I was extremely worried at the prospect of losing Miles, for all he brings on defence and special teams. That's one position where we don't have a competent backup. Frankly I'm shocked that Crawford would be put in the game ahead of Clovis. Glover made a tremendous play to save a touchdown with Crawford out of position.

Crawford looked passive and totally lost in preseason and has a long way to go to learn the game. With nine DBs on the roster, why does the most inexperienced one get thrown into one of the most crucial positions?
I agree, Glover's play tonight was exception, including his interception. I loved Paris Jackson's catch, as well as that made my Clermont for the TD.

It was good to see all the displays of emotion there near the end. I think they boys did well not to get too carried away, but I think the points were made, and the messages sent.

On a sidenote, I went to the Shark Club after the game for a while, and met Buck Pierce, who was wearing his Grey Cup ring, and I also met Glover, both guys were approachable, personable, and seem very happy to hear back from some of their fans. Didn't spend too long talking to either of them, but it was still a very positive experience to have met them.

In addition to chanting for cartwheels, my section (section 11) also chants for Glover when he lines up near us, and he always responds, I mentioned that was my section to him tonight, and he was very happy about that, and said he loved it when we did that as it got him really pumped up. Job well done to the chanters in section 11!

Anyways, all-in-all, a good game. The defending champs dominated. We're 2-0 baby!

GO LIONS GO!!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

kenny wrote:
I like how he took accountablity for his actions too...when he said let his teammates down
Ya gotta love Murphy's approach to the game. The guy is a warrior. It was hilarious to see him pancake those pesky Eskies.

I actually don't mind Braidwood, like Don Cherry might say: a good, tough Canadian kid. But Abdullah comes out of the thing looking like a whining baby who can't walk the walk, just cheap talk.

In Murphy's comments after the game, you could hear his emotions running high. But I also liked how he put the team first and took responsibility for himself. I expect he is a bit disappointed in himself for how far he took it to Braidwood and Abdullah (he let it get personal), but it was actually good for his team. The things Adbullah said needed to be responded to with actions. Adbullah seemed to shrink back into his little crib by the end of the game. Help, Mommy! Robbie is beating me up again!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
kenny wrote:
I like how he took accountablity for his actions too...when he said let his teammates down
Ya gotta love Murphy's approach to the game. The guy is a warrior. It was hilarious to see him pancake those pesky Eskies.

I actually don't mind Braidwood, like Don Cherry might say: a good, tough Canadian kid. But Abdullah comes out of the thing looking like a whining baby who can't walk the walk, just cheap talk.

In Murphy's comments after the game, you could hear his emotions running high. But I also liked how he put the team first and took responsibility for himself. I expect he is a bit disappointed in himself for how far he took it to Braidwood and Abdullah (he let it get personal), but it was actually good for his team. The things Adbullah said needed to be responded to with actions. Adbullah seemed to shrink back into his little crib by the end of the game. Help, Mommy! Robbie is beating me up again!
Well-said!!

I don't know if the Abdullah comments got any extra ticket sales last night, but I liked what he did to get some actual media discussion of the game this week. Some of these radio and tv guys would have said very little about the game without the trash talk to focus on.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
David
Team Captain

Kudos to Global TV last night. Dan Elliott led off the 11:45pm Global News sportscast with the game and showed a lengthy highlight package. Then he went to the Rob Murphy interview with comments about the incident from Dave Dickenson. After that, Jay Durant was in the locker room with a 2-3 minute interview with a very articulate Ryan Phillips. You could hear the thump of the bass and the boys celebrating. :thup:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
notahomer
Hall of Famer

According to Global TV Braidwoods Pops was :bawl: outside the Lions Dressing Room after the game! Dad was restating all the 'cheapest CFL player comments'! Oh, this back to backer is going to be a blast in October
(lets hope all the particpants stay off the IR :cr: ). Who needs the UFC?
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

The post-game comments were awesome. I love how together the team seems to be and everybody has everyone's back. I've got good feelings about this group even though it's early. Can't wait to play Edmonton again!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
- Kudos to the Eskimo contingent that made the trip out and gave their players support right until the end, well even about 6 minutes past that point.
Did you see the Eskinator, Rammer and if so what were his thoughts on the game and how hopefull was he of the City of Chapions chances to win the west?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis