Those Mini-Grey Cups

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

The free Mini Grey Cups (free to the first 5000 fans @ the July 6 game) are definately Mini. Dave D. is shown in an AD in todays Province holding (thumb and forefinger) one of the freebie Cups. I'm a metric guy so I'm shooting in the dark here, I'm guessing 3-4 inches in height. I spotted a larger Mini-Grey Cup for sale at the Dome during the Preseason game for $40. I guess I'll be picking one of them up too. I just couldn't justify breaking the bank to buy any Championship BLING (rings, pendants etc...) so the small and smallest GreyCups will have to do.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

so those arent the ones that were at the store at fanfest.......damn
2012 Season Ticket Holder
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:so those arent the ones that were at the store at fanfest.......damn
Not sure, the ones at FanFest were probably the $40 ones that are available at most of the stands at BC Place.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

notahomer wrote:
Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:so those arent the ones that were at the store at fanfest.......damn
Not sure, the ones at FanFest were probably the $40 ones that are available at most of the stands at BC Place.
Unless you are McNews or Smphantom who got them for 20.00. Darn. BB
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

i remember them being 20 at fanfest too
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:i remember them being 20 at fanfest too
Hi Brian I mentioned that to the sellers at the preseason game. They said the 20.00 was a mistake. I said BS. Anyways Ill keep grinding them till I get it for 20.00. 30.00 tops. BB
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

:thup: good luck
nelson95
Legend

Why 5,000? Why not 20,000?
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

Ive been told that after this weekends game i may be able to get the mimi greycups. Its not for sure but it sounds promising! I will let you know when i find out. And of coarse the would be a much better deal then the $40.00 for lionbackers. no guarentees though but i will try!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

When coming in the front door we got a voucher for the mini-Cup to pick up AFTER the game. WHY? Maybe they wanted to be nice so we didn't have to carry them all game but I'm figuring the real reason is some 'yahoos' will turn free-stuff in projectiles. I knew how small they were so I grabbed the larger size ($40) Grey Cup too. Size DOES matter.
almo89
Legend

notahomer wrote:When coming in the front door we got a voucher for the mini-Cup to pick up AFTER the game. WHY? Maybe they wanted to be nice so we didn't have to carry them all game but I'm figuring the real reason is some 'yahoos' will turn free-stuff in projectiles. I knew how small they were so I grabbed the larger size ($40) Grey Cup too. Size DOES matter.
So they are selling these grey cups right?
SammyGreene
Team Captain

We got into the stadium about 7:05 and there wasn't a sign (empty boxes) of any voucher hand outs anywhere. We've usually entered the stadium around that time before and have been in luck with most previous giveaways.

Can't imagine the rush it will be for the Geroy boobleheads with only 3,000 being given out.
Rammer
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:We got into the stadium about 7:05 and there wasn't a sign (empty boxes) of any voucher hand outs anywhere. We've usually entered the stadium around that time before and have been in luck with most previous giveaways.

Can't imagine the rush it will be for the Geroy boobleheads with only 3,000 being given out.
I dropped off the family at 6ish and they were one of the last to get the vouchers, I showed up about 10 minutes after the hour and only saw the empty boxes as well. Geroy's boblehead doll night is going to be a zoo.
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

Same here SammyGreene. I got into the stadium at 6:55pm (I was surprised there were as many people inside the stadium that early), couldn't find ANYTHING regarding the promotion and left home empty-handed. I figured we would only receive a voucher, but counted on picking it up after the game.

I'm annoyed if they were just handing them out after the game. That's not fair to the people who got there early and stuck it out late.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Ballistic Bob
Legend

David wrote:Same here SammyGreene. I got into the stadium at 6:55pm (I was surprised there were as many people inside the stadium that early), couldn't find ANYTHING regarding the promotion and left home empty-handed. I figured we would only receive a voucher, but counted on picking it up after the game.

I'm annoyed if they were just handing them out after the game. That's not fair to the people who got there early and stuck it out late.

DH 8)
What I saw was no tickee no greycupee. BB