Garrett Hunsperger

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The "Fleas" were Jerry Bradley and Rich Robinson.
David
Team Captain

A sad postscript to this thread. Wayne Matherne, a teammate and close friend of Garrett's (he was mentioned throughout this thread) appears to have been charged with murder a few years ago in Louisiana. STORY HERE.

While I don't yet have 100% confirmation on identity, just by photo comparisons alone it would appear to be the same person (the one on the left was his rookie card from 1971 when he was just 22). Add in the fact that he lived down there, plus his age (although the media reported him 65 at the time of the article, he was actually 64).

There was a conviction in the case, although surprisingly there doesn't appear to be a follow up story from any news source. My own source tells me that Wayne is currently in unsupervised custody, in a work release program at the Livingston Parish jail. Hard to imagine that he wouldn't be doing hard time at a state prison if the 2nd degree murder charge was upheld. There may have been mitigating factors in the murder (perhaps self-defense or such).

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar