baz nagle

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

mjc
prospect

baz nagle played for the lions 58-60, and 62. won a grey cup with winnepeg in '61.
does anyone have any information on him they can share?
thanks!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

A picture of him.

And he's also inducted into the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame as a member of the inducted 1961 Blue Bombers. He wore #26, so I think that's him in the back row, second from right.

http://www.halloffame.mb.ca/honoured/19 ... ombers.htm
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

http://attheplate.com/wcbl/1957_10d.htm

He played in the Western Baseball League. Tug McGraw played there too.

Sorry but my memory is fading of this once terrific athlete. He was a good football player and IIRC correctly, quite a character. The latter stuff I forgot.

Bobby Ackles would know and remember him well.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Was thinking about him recently.

He used to hang around the golf driving range near the Lion's Gate Bridge. Called Lion's Gate Golf Centre? Good sense of humour. A teaser. Needled this one guy with a back problem and a hard swing. Heck, he needled a lot of guys. LOL

He was failing at the time, 1980s. Passed away in 1997.

Charismatic. Sitting in the wooden lounge chair, watching. Making wry comments. Fun guy. Lots of smiling and chuckling in his presence.

Thought about him because I have been dealing with a tricky back the last few days. Old golf injury.

RIP, Baz.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

WestCoastJoe wrote:Thought about him because I have been dealing with a tricky back the last few days. Old golf injury.
Old golf injury? Sounds like a little bit of early season sandbagging to me WCJ. :wink:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:Thought about him because I have been dealing with a tricky back the last few days. Old golf injury.
Old golf injury? Sounds like a little bit of early season sandbagging to me WCJ. :wink:
Ha ha, Hambone. Can't fool you. :wink:

One of the luxuries of retirement --> Bad back? Don't have to work. No worries.

The human back is not designed for the full bore golf swing. Been away from it for five years or so. Had the golf handicap down to single digits at one time.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.