Josh Ranek

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

EDMONTON - The Edmonton Eskimos announced the signing of free agent running back and three time CFL East All-Star Josh Ranek.

http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=190698&hubname=

Fixed: SG
Rammer
Team Captain

All I get from that link is the NFL CB that was gunned down. I did check TSN site and didn't see any Ranek stories....
Entertainment value = an all time low
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Interesting development... Chaps not a fan of Troy Davis?
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

ANTONIO WARREN WILL BE IN TOUGH COME TRAINING CAMP.
tigger
All Star

Rammer wrote:
All I get from that link is the NFL CB that was gunned down. I did check TSN site and didn't see any Ranek stories....
Here You Go

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BECOME ARGO FANS
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Never hurts to add depth...I can't see anyway of Warren beating those guys out. I wonder how Warren felt about Chaps signing on there as well?

Anyway not a bad risk for the Esks...if Ranek regains his form they look brilliant, if not they cut him, no worse off...
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Yes, you got to think that AW never ever dreamed he 'd have to convince JC of his skills. On the other hand, it was definitely Wally Buono who was noting his displeasure with AW.
Rammer
Team Captain

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Never hurts to add depth...I can't see anyway of Warren beating those guys out. I wonder how Warren felt about Chaps signing on there as well?

Anyway not a bad risk for the Esks...if Ranek regains his form they look brilliant, if not they cut him, no worse off...
Two RB signings for the Esks that must spell their displeasure with Davis moreso than anyhting else. They obviously view the running game as important now, which also must mean that they will bring in some more OL help, likely imports to help create holes for that running game. As you suggest let TC allow for a clear winner to emerge and the other two can be sent packing, as they have enough FB depth and can develop another RB through the season on the depth chart.
Entertainment value = an all time low
BEEECEEE
All Star

Ranek is the most overrated running back in the league.

Ther only thing he has going for him in Edmonton is that the two rb's he fighting against are worse.
Formely sfu_guy